Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions on Mobile Phone Insurance providers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions on Mobile Phone Insurance providers?

Just wondering as i have never picked up a phone before without a contract. Don;t want to get tied down to one again. Can anyone recommend me some decent reliable websites that sell them?
    Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 15-05-2013, 12:41.

Carphone.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I walked into phones4u in town. Good range of phones. They let me turn it on and try it out before purchase. Touchy feely is important with phones I think.

Comment

I would expect at the very least they would let you try it out before buying it. I hate Phones4U, the salesmen are unbelievably pushy. You can hardly walk into one of their stores without them swarming around you, asking you to answer questions they can put it into a 'sales lead' form, with your address and phone number etc.

Twats.

Best place to buy simfree handsets is probably Expansys.

Comment

That's totally different from my phones4u experience. They were very relaxed and ensured that I was going the cheapest route. I had no idea what phone to get before I went in and they knowledgeably advised me on battery life, speed, features that I actually cared about (I mentioned them and they remembered during the whole converstation), and found one the right size too, without trying to force me into a purchase.
          Last edited by charlesr; 13-05-2013, 13:59.

Comment

The phones4u website seems to be the cheapest option available at the moment. Will enquire post haste.

Comment

I bought my current Samsung Galaxy note 2 from mobilefun - http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/
              Couldn't praise the company enough (personal experience so far). Delivered on time, no quibble when the phone developed a fault (Samsung's issue not Mobilefun).
              I would avoid Expansys, if you are thinking of buying there. Last time I ordered goods from them I tried to call them with a complaint and got nowhere. So I emailed them. I received no response.

I tried calling them again. No Joy. I then emailed yet again, twice in a row.
              Again, a response failed to arrive. I finally managed speak to someone on the phone and they promised to get a manager to call me back. Guess what?! I didn't get a call.
              I called again, 'So sorry sir, a manager will call you right back after lunch..'

Suffice to say I am still awaiting that call, however since the initial call was in December 2013 I hold out little hope of that coming through.
              I will never be ordering from them again.

Comment

Just arrived and now charging it.
                Can anyone recommend any good mobile phone insurers?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                  That's totally different from my phones4u experience. They were very relaxed and ensured that I was going the cheapest route. I had no idea what phone to get before I went in and they knowledgeably advised me on battery life, speed, features that I actually cared about (I mentioned them and they remembered during the whole converstation), and found one the right size too, without trying to force me into a purchase.

Fair enough, I guess it must vary quite a lot from store to store. The ones that I'm recalling had a real attitude of desperation among slimy salesmen.

Comment

Working...
                  X