Shooting Love. 10-Shuunen: XIIZeal & DeltaZeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting Love. 10-Shuunen: XIIZeal & DeltaZeal

I just saw a link to this on Play-Asia.com.

Yet another shooter to be released May 30th (same date as DDP:SDOJ) for the X360. I don't see any hype around this. Are these Zeal games any good?

I've had my ore-order in for a while. I really liked the last Triangle Service release on the 360, but most of that was down to the 'skills test' bit, which was great fun. The 'Zeal games are... not brilliant.

Comment

Couple of reviews:
      Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

I think this is the first time delta Zeal has been available on a home format.

Comment

This has been confirmed as region free.

Comment

Had a go at these games tonight. Really quite impressed with them. XIIZeal has an interesting side shot mechanic which involves rapidly moving side to side to shot from the sides of your vehicle. Seems to yield a multiplier when you take out enemies with the side attack.
            Like the old school graphics and the audio isn't anything special but catchy in the way that shooter music should be.

^Zeal seems more conventional with the standard shot, rapid and bomb buttons. Good variation in the bullet patterns in terms of spread and variable speed. You position your craft to dodge a spray of bullets but the speed drops and you have just left yourself exposed. Quite a good idea.

The rest of the compilation is pretty basic looking with few options for screen adjustments.

Comment

Working...
            X