Amazon - saved by MartyG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon - saved by MartyG

Amazon is great if you know exactly what you are looking for. For videogames, that's especially easy if your search string is well focused. But as a place to browse I'm finding it worse and worse each time I go, and a search for more vague targets like "kettle" bring up 3 bajillion pages of stuff from 3rd party sellers that end up not being in stock once you eventually click through the colour you like and if you buy 5 things from 5 different sellers, you've racked up 5 fees.

I used to find it a joy to use, but now I dread going on it.

Why don't you just refine the search to show Amazon provided stuff only?

Comment

Considering they're making a ****load of money out of Kindles and successfully avoiding paying any tax, probably not. It is a mess to use though.

Comment

My nephew has been working with Amazon for a while now, so yes.

Comment

I still really like Amazon. Fantastic for trade paperbacks (when used with FP too) and video games are bought new from them and come sealed, often for great prices.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Why don't you just refine the search to show Amazon provided stuff only?
            Didn't even know that was possible!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Amazon is great if you know exactly what you are looking for. For videogames, that's especially easy if your search string is well focused. But as a place to browse I'm finding it worse and worse each time I go, and a search for more vague targets like "kettle" bring up 3 bajillion pages of stuff from 3rd party sellers that end up not being in stock once you eventually click through the colour you like and if you buy 5 things from 5 different sellers, you've racked up 5 fees.

I used to find it a joy to use, but now I dread going on it.
              The amount of money they make in commission from 3rd party sellers pretty much guarantees they're far from doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I still really like Amazon. Fantastic for trade paperbacks (when used with FP too) and video games are bought new from them and come sealed, often for great prices.
                Yeah you really can't fault their prices for GN's they are much cheaper than most

I only really use them for that these days.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Didn't even know that was possible!
                  You just tick amazon.co.uk in the sellers options

Comment

Amazon saved by MartyG!

Comment

I like Amazon as they provide the two objects I really love - books and CDs - at great prices. I don't care that they don't pay their taxes. I wouldn't pay mine either if I could get away with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X