Packaging!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packaging!!!

Just made a couple of purchases on the forum recently and I just felt I needed to comment..

Wanted to say a sincere congrats to the forum.

Every purchase I make in the sales thread is immaculately packed. Some of you guys make a real effort to ensure all our gaming goodness gets safely to its new home.

So basically...

Thankyou

I was in shock when the boxed mint DMG-01 I bought from billy arrived in a jiffy bag. In his defence though he sold it disgustingly cheap. It didn't suffer any creasing either luckily, or marks.

I think it's only right to package stuff properly here. You interact with people here daily and you probably don't wish them to think ill of you.

Comment

Agreed, tho I've think we've all got horror stories from ebay/other forums etc...

Generally its a cut above here

Comment

I bought a Star Trek HD-DVD boxset from Buster Broon once and I would put his packaging on par with the storage facility for the dinosaur DNA in Jurassic Park.

It was awesome!!

Comment

I am the brown tape grand master!

Comment

Aye I've created some masterpieces in my time

One guy here can testify to my absolute masterpiece which took about a good hour to pack

Always feel that someone should get it as it arrived and as long as they are happy to pay for the postage then it's never a chore

I never actually charge for the packing of my boxes, which if you add together poly chips, brown paper, bubble wrap, parcel tape and big chunky markers to make the address stand out it all adds up

Don't think I've ever received a poorly packed item from this forum either as it goes

Comment

I like the way we all stuff a bit of bubble wrap inside the DVD cases to stop them rattling, even though they don't have this when originally shipped from the factory.

Comment

I like the recycling element, I am sure I have somehow received my own packaging back in some sort of seven degrees of Kevin Bacon style daisy chain.

EDIT - Also i have actually had pm's asking/telling me about packaging.

Comment

basically pack stuff as how you'd like your stuff packed. But in some caases good packing just ins't enough. Anyone who has bought from me knows I pack well but I once sent a Saturn karaoke system (Big mother of a beast) to New York. That was wrapped in 5 layers of thick bubble wrap then surrounded by 1 inch thick polystiren slabs. Then put in to two boxes. The receiver said it arrived smashed. He seems to get a lot of **** smashed in the post though so I blamed the postal service in his area. I had the item delivered to me from within Japan with a 1/4 of the packing I used and it arrived as new. Some countries just have really ****ty postal workers I guess.

Comment

Come now Yakumo, you're comparing Japan to America. Of course Japan is better. Don't Amazon Japan vacuum pack stuff? That's insanely awesome.

Your story about the Saturn karaoke system reminded me of this.

Comment

That fed ex guy is such a dick... #just saying

Agree with most of the comment, we do have done quality packers her when it comes to our wares... I tip my hat to all of you guys out there, in you various area codes...

Comment

What an ass wipe that FeDex guy is. Hope he got his arse fired for that. Yeah, I guess comparing Japan post to the US is not fair but still you would expect all postal services to take care of the goods they deliver. Now its rainny season in Japan so all of our mail comes in plastic bags to stop them getting wet. That is very cool
                        Oh, an yes. Amazon japan do vacuum wrap stuff. I buy from Amazon a few times each week. Never once had a complaint about their packing. Amazon US on the other hand suck balls when buying BluRay box sets. Normal bluray discs are fine but box sets, they dont pack them well.
                        Last edited by Yakumo; 27-06-2013, 00:10.

Comment

I had a Ponyo art book ruined by rain. It was a present too. Complete pain in the ass, great idea that.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            I was in shock when the boxed mint DMG-01 I bought from billy arrived in a jiffy bag. In his defence though he sold it disgustingly cheap. It didn't suffer any creasing either luckily, or marks.

I think it's only right to package stuff properly here. You interact with people here daily and you probably don't wish them to think ill of you.
                            Really sorry about that

I usually go easier on packaging when it's faulty stuff but I missed the mark with that because I was banging on about how minty it was! Glad it arrived in one piece but I'll definitely learn from that.

I generally package well(often over-packaging things) but I usually learn from packaging that I receive and I'd had plenty of bubble-wrapped stuff arrive spotless so thought maybe 2012 was Royal Mail's year

Around that time 112 bought xmas Nights from me and asked for extra packaging so I double-wrapped it with the Xzibit photo meme inside(yo dawg, I heard you liked packaging...).

Japanese Amazon's vacuum packing is groovy but I can't help but feel cynical when I see it because this country uses so much packaging it's ridiculous. Chocolate bar? Sure! Plastic wrapped in paper wrapped in plastic, just like mum used to make! Barely anything comes in a single layer of packaging here. It could be to do with the climate but I can't shake the feeling it's just that fabled Japanese attention to detail in overdrive mode.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              One guy here can testify to my absolute masterpiece which took about a good hour to pack
                              Was it the Pampers box?

Comment

Working...
                              X