Your least funny yet successful comedian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your least funny yet successful comedian

Everyone's taste in humor is different. Anyone have a comedian or comedians who you struggle to see how they can possibly have been successful? Mine is probably Ed Byrne. There are plenty of comedians who aren't really my cup of tea buy I see how others might like them but Ed Byrne just seems rubbish to me.

Yep, agree with that. Also Rory Bremner.

Comment

Rory Bremner. Why is talking like other people funny? It's not unless you actually say something funny too.

Comment

Andi Osho, absolutely ****ing terrible. If she comes up on any of the panel shows that are usually great fun, I switch them right off. To be honest, that goes for most female comedians though.

Also **** -

Gina Yashere
        Shappi Khorshandi
        Lucy Porter
        Josie Long

All TV regulars, all utter garbage.
        Last edited by Colin; 02-08-2013, 10:06.

Comment

Never heard of any of those people Ikobo. For me Russell Howard has to be absolutely one of the worst comedians around. He's like someone you might know that thinks he's funny but he's really not, and it's really irritating.

Comment

I find Ed Byrne pretty quick-witted but not hilarious.

However, I will always rate him for this interview which followed on from Piers Morgan.
            Morgan had just done a telly series on how perfect Dubai is, but Byrne doesn't let him get away with it.
            "Sometimes I'm washing up all my recycling and I wonder why I bother - in Dubai they have ski slopes in the desert!"

Anybody who gives Piers Morgan a verbal (or physical) kicking is OK with me!

Comment

billy connolly - i know loads of people find him hilarious but all I hear is someone shouting swear words

Comment

Russell Brand, there's glimmers of intelligence in him but its drowned in a sea of self indulgence and fake overdrawn speech

Ricky Gervais too for the most part not to mention Peter Kay. One funny live show years ago and a career was built. Tim Vine, funny only if you have the humour of a snall child living 50 years ago.

Comment

Second vote for Russell Brand. Smart guy but funny? are you kidding me?

Another one would be Adam Sandler... HOLY ****... genuinely don't get him at all!!!!!!! AT ALL... how is he funny - someone explain?

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Never heard of any of those people Ikobo. For me Russell Howard has to be absolutely one of the worst comedians around. He's like someone you might know that thinks he's funny but he's really not, and it's really irritating.
                  Great call. When he was on Mock the Week he was completely overshadowed by Frankie Boyle and never (and I watched loads of them) came out with anything funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Another one would be Adam Sandler... HOLY ****... genuinely don't get him at all!!!!!!! AT ALL... how is he funny - someone explain?
                    I was literally about to post this.

As for Ricky Gervais, I think The Ricky Gervais Show is great, though I'm not much of a fan of his other stuff.

Comment

Jack Whitehall. Smug as **** with no decent jokes to counter it.

Comment

I used to like Russell Kane when he was a psuedo mod, but he's turned into some kind of odd bleached-haired fag-hag, and I no longer like him. David Thorne is my favourite funny person, closely followed by Noel Fielding. Russell Peters is OK too.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Mock The Week gets a special mention from me for just being criminally unfunny. Typical middlebrow bollocks and with the best editing in the world they wouldn't be able to hide how disjointed it is. I bet they sit there for ages with no one saying anything.

And of course there's always Celebrity Juice, which is like something you'd see on in the background in a dystopian Paul Verhoeven film where morality has broken down.

edit: OT obv lol, oops.

Comment

Interesting. I like Russell Brand. Ricky Gervais makes me laugh with almost everything he does (Derek aside) but I kinda hate myself because of it. I agreed that Jack Whitehall, Peter Kay and Russell Howard aren't funny. Stewart Lee is my favourite comedian.

Comment

I like Russell Brand too, although I feel like the quality of his output has dropped precipitously in the last couple of years. His stuff for American audiences is particularly dire.

However, I was a massive fan of Ponderland. Used to watch late night reruns on 4Music with my mates and we still laugh about some of the gags now.

Comment

Working...
                              X