iPad mini case recommendation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad mini case recommendation.

What case do you have for your iPad mini? I like the look of the Apple Smart Case, but it is pricey. Has anyone used a cheaper alternative that's just as good?

Thanks.

Probably a bit different from what you are looking at, but I got this: http://dx.com/p/stylish-anti-shock-p...i-black-184898

Makes the ipad bombproof unless something connects with the screen. I leave it face down when no using it. It has a handy stand too (asymetrical so you can choose from two slant angles). The kids have dropped it several times on to hard floors and it's fine. Once it rolled across the whole room end on end. This would have destroyed an unprotected ipad. A bit fiddly to fit - needed some brute force which was worrying, but was fine in the end.
    Last edited by charlesr; 14-11-2013, 08:37.

Comment

Poetic ones on amazon (about a tenner and with decent features)

Comment

I like the Apple smart case. Like the regular cover but the ipad sits inside it so the back and sides are protected too.

Comment

I use a Belkin Snap Shield Mini, and an official black Smart Cover. I've just picked up the Smart Case, so I'm now selling these two for ?35.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks all, I'll google your recommendations. It's for the kids to aid their reading (they think it's for playing games on) so something beefy is probably best.

Comment

That one I recommended doesn't seem that substantial so I'd forget that one mate.

Comment

Nick, we have this for our son's Mini, he's autistic and doesn't really have the ground in knowledge of things breaking when dropped, he has dropped the thing from three feet on to a solid wooden floor four times (that we know of) so far and hasn't even marked the case

Was about ?30 on Amazon I think, adds a little bit of bulk, but you won't find a tougher well built case that protects the screen too for sure, highly recommended for kids.

Comment

The Griffin Survivor is an excellent case. I have one that I used for my iPad 2 when travelling a couple of years ago. I crashed my motorbike and my (small, thin) bag bounced down the street with my iPad in it. Not a scratch or dent lol.

Also used it at the beach and in the driving rain. No sand or water got near the actual iPad. It's a serious case!

Comment

Thanks David and Wakka, that one does look pretty smart, great the way even the screen's bevel is covered.

Cheers.

Comment

I would go for the plain black one Nick, other colours are very bright, and you're right every single centimetre of the iPad is covered by the case/screen protector. Can't recommend it enough. We probably wouldn't have even bought the iPad Mini without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey
                        Thanks David and Wakka, that one does look pretty smart, great the way even the screen's bevel is covered.

Yeah at the time it was the only case I could find which actually covered the screen itself and kept the iPad fully usable. All the ports have flaps too, so they're accessible but protected unless you need them.

Recommended

Comment

I've recently got one and bought an otterbox to go with it like this....

Some people say Otterbox's are overkill and yes it does make it a bit more bulky but the fact it has a screen protector built in and every device I've had in an otterbox still looks brand new after a couple of years makes it a must have purchase for me

Comment

Got my Retina Minis in the post today. Ordered the offical Smart cases, Black and Red but they have yet to arrive...

Hate to admit it but I much prefer these to my iPad 3.

Comment

Is the Retina display on the mini much of an improvement, know it should be resolution wise.

We felt full sized iPad was just too heavy for son to hold for any amount of time, hence going for the Mini, difference in weight is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X