The Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ashes

So Australia lose their first five wickets with only 100 runs on the board.

Four of those wickets to Stuart Broad, despite his merciless ragging in the down under press and boos from the crowd.

First blood to England.

The score at the end of the first day doesn't look so bad for Australia, but it was a bit of a drubbing really.

Broad seemed to almost revel in the abuse, and wasn't afraid to rile up the crowd himself. Fair play to him, regardless of views about what he did.

Comment

On the one hand i think England had a brilliant day but at same time it could have been a much lower score, fair play to the Aussies for digging in. I would of bitten your hand off for this score at the start of play.

I think the crowd abuse is spuring Broad on, what a brilliant way to shut them up by taking 5 wickets, including the prize wicket of the captain. Roll on tonight.

Comment

England all out for 136, six wickets lost for nine runs.
        Wipes out all the good work on Monday and we've given them the first test on a plate, Aus have 220 run lead and all ten wickets remaining. Hey ho. Least the football is back to normality tomorrow.

Comment

I told everyone the first day score is irrelevant because we had no idea how good their attack would be.

Comment

A hideous batting performance. Not enough Durham boys in the mix! We needed some grit and application, and instead got a load of Nancy boys wafting and surrendering.

Comment

Couldn't have gone worse for England today. The only England guys on the field worth their salt were Carberry and Broad. Witnessed countless wickets with the space of less than an hour, and then they couldn't even grab a couple of wickets of their own in the final session.

Comment

I just cannot believe the collapse. I went to put at 3am and we were doing fine, Carberry was well in and Pietersen was going fine. What a complete embarrassment. All Broads hard work pretty much flushed down the toilet. Just got to prey England can bowl them out cheaply again. Have to say to really poor batting teams.

Comment

Even if we do bowl them out for say 180, would we be able to score the needed 330 plus runs to win. Don't think so going by the first innings, any chance of rain? think that's our best hope sadly.

Comment

I think I heard there maybe thunderstorms over the weekend, just need the bowlers to perform yet another miracle and bowl Australia out for smallish total. At the moment got to try and somehow save the test match.

Comment

Everyone too ashamed to post in here?

We've been totally bent over and shafted in this second test, bar two players we would have been out for 40 runs last night. Was cringe-worthy to watch.

Total joke, hope the players feel the urge to donate their salaries to charity or something.
                      Last edited by VR46; 07-12-2013, 20:43. Reason: typo

Comment

There aren't enough cusses in the world to describe England's ineptitude with bat and ball. Useless wankers.

Comment

This series isn't even worth bothering with. The squad needs a shake up. Too many players not performing that have still been picked.

Comment

Bye bye to the little urn. Surrendered by a gaggle of saps.

Stokes, of course, a bright spot. I said in the cricket thread about 3 years ago that he was a future England player and one to watch. I realise I'm blowing my own bell here, but I need something to cheer about after that lousy heap of toss served up by Cook, KP, Swann et al.

See guys - not enough Durham players in that squad.

Comment

Stokes put in a good shift, and Carberry can hold his head high. Even Broad showed a bit of determination.

The rest were rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                              X