Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail taking forever

Hi all

I posted a game to a forumite last Monday 1st Class and it still hasn't turned up. Unfortunately I was lazy/cheap and didn't send it recorded.

I've never known it to take this long. When should I abandon hope? I'm hoping it's just all the extra Xmas post...

Assuming you got the address/postage price right, would say it's gone to the Royal Mail black hole of stuff already sadly. You may be lucky and it arrive tomorrow, but I've never had anything take more than three working days ever.

Comment

Postage is damn slow at the moment to be fair.

Comment

Think it largely depends on the amount of crossover that occurs. I know for example that if I post something to someone around the London area because it's close it arrives next day pretty much always.

Comment

They'll take forever if you box it and send it to someone.

Just re-read that and think it over until you get it.

Comment

I posted something to a forumite last Monday. It arrived on Saturday, and that was from Japan to the UK.

If it hasn't arrived by now, I would start to worry a bit.

Comment

Did you get proof of postage? Some give you an arse face when you ask for it but you are legally obliged to have it. I always ask for it, and make sure the miserable fooker's stay arse faced.

Comment

Proof of postage is just the receipt with the address details on it, am i right?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  Did you get proof of postage? Some give you an arse face when you ask for it but you are legally obliged to have it. I always ask for it, and make sure the miserable fooker's stay arse faced.
                  i make sure i get proof of postage if the item is under 20 and always us recorded if it is over ?20, had two parcels go missing recently and because of proof of postage i haven't ended up out of pocket, takes an age to claim mind took about a month and half to get my money back for my lost item but i got it back which is the important thing.

Comment

After a slew of DVD sized packages going "missing" (surely stolen) with 1st class, I refuse to use anything less than recorded now. Just as a countermeasure.

Comment

Looks like I'm fecked. No I foolishly did not get proof of postage, you can't get it from the electronic self-post machines and you have to queue up. And I am a lazy lazy man.

Bah

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Hi all

I posted a game to a forumite last Monday 1st Class and it still hasn't turned up. Unfortunately I was lazy/cheap and didn't send it recorded.

I've never known it to take this long. When should I abandon hope? I'm hoping it's just all the extra Xmas post...
                        Christmas period can be very slow, I once has a first class package take three weeks to arrive. (Suspect it had got mixed in with second class.)

That said usually it should be one to two days for first class, that said at christmas some of the temps they hire can be a bit more light fingers than the normal staff.

Comment

Working...
                        X