FA Cup thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FA Cup thread

Kicks off today proper, can't paste all fixtures in here due to formatting, but they're listed here

Any upsets on the cards? can Forest or Derby pull off a win and who will win the North London derby?

Guess the draw for the next round is after today or tomorrow's games.
    Last edited by VR46; 08-12-2014, 11:09.

Proper? Man I hate the cups. They get in the way of the nitty gritty for me.
    That said, happy to watch Arsenal later and hoping Bournemouth get through and get a plum draw.

Comment

I reckon we'll get reamed 3 nowt.

This is piss poor selection of losers, backboneless tarts and talent-free tosspots assembled by a Director of Football who looks like Keith Lemon, a lousy chief scout, and a cheap-skate owner, are League One standard at best.

Comment

Arse. Wednesday draw to Macclesfield.
        At least Villa got beat, no time for Lambert slagging off the cup, how could any villa fan go and pay to watch them play in a match the manager has said he doesn't care about.

Comment

Spurs defending. Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
            Arse. Wednesday draw to Macclesfield.
            At least Villa got beat, no time for Lambert slagging off the cup, how could any villa fan go and pay to watch them play in a match the manager has said he doesn't care about.
            Only 18000 of them did...I went to the cinema. Lambert is a **** anyway...would rather us stink out the bottom of the premier protecting his paycheque than win a trophy.

Comment

Balls. Oh well, not much to say other than the better side won. Shame that Rose had to have his moment of madness to gift them their second goal, if it had been only 1-0 going into the last ten minutes and maybe we could have nicked one and got an (undeserved) replay.

Comment

I think people are getting a bit too worked up about Lambert's comments really. We all know what he means - stability in the Premier League is so important, especially now that most teams are either a couple of wins away from the top half of the table, or a couple of losses away from the relegation zone. Resource allocation can be difficult for clubs with smaller squads.

Saying that, I'm a big fan of the FA Cup. It's one of the only competitions where the true grassroots clubs have a realistic chance of progression due to the involvement of all levels of the pyramid and it being unseeded.

Comment

Lambert was right. If Villa go out of the cup, his job is not under threat. Get relegated and it is. Don't blame Lambert for the state of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                    Lambert was right. If Villa go out of the cup, his job is not under threat. Get relegated and it is. Don't blame Lambert for the state of the game.
                    To me while cup runs are nice it's always about the league that's the most important and the bread and butter

Comment

Guess West Ham are thinking the same after their 5-0 thumping by Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                        Guess West Ham are thinking the same after their 5-0 thumping by Forest.
                        Its no shock is it ? Big Sam never given the FA cup any respect no matter what Team he takes charge of

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                          To me while cup runs are nice it's always about the league that's the most important and the bread and butter
                          I'm the opposite now. I don't care about the league and all its money.
                          Been a Villa fan/avid match goer since 1987 and my passion is dead.
                          We are never going to win the league...ever. Watching your team lose most weeks, without the football even being entertaining is pointless. Who cares if we get X Millions for finishing 17th and staying in the league for another year...its not like I get any of it!!

I have been to Wembley and seen us win trophies...those experiences are far more important to me than a "successful" 9th place finish.

Comment

I have been to Wembley and seen us win trophies...those experiences are far more important to me than a "successful" 9th place finish.
                            I've been lucky enough to go to FA and the League cup Final in Wembley and seen Cardiff at both Playoff finals - Great days out and will never be bettered . To me though going to watch Cardiff on a Saturday having a few drinks with mates is my bread and butter football.
                            Watching your team lose most weeks, without the football even being entertaining is pointless
                            Been there and done it I know all too well the pain of negative football al too well . Thank Christ we got rid of Malky . Villa fans have had to put Lambert and the likes of McLeish and their negative brand of boring Scotish football

Who cares if we get X Millions for finishing 17th and staying in the league for another year...its not like I get any of it!!
                            I care big time . The gulf in coverage to ones team when they're in the Prem compared to the lower leagues is massive and where I never want to go back to the championship or the lower leagues. I be quite happy to finish 17th and be safe each and every year

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                              I'm the opposite now. I don't care about the league and all its money.
                              Been a Villa fan/avid match goer since 1987 and my passion is dead.
                              We are never going to win the league...ever. Watching your team lose most weeks, without the football even being entertaining is pointless. Who cares if we get X Millions for finishing 17th and staying in the league for another year...its not like I get any of it!!

Now you feel like this you may as well join us on the other side of the city .
                              As you know we've always been pretty bad and things aren't getting better anytime soon!!
                              I don't think most top clubs are interested in the cup now, too many other priorities. Unless they get near to the final they have no interest, only mid table clubs are really up for it. Teams near the bottom are fighting to stay in the league with all the millions it brings, can't really blame them.
                              Its a shame as all the fans still love the cup

Comment

Working...
                              X