Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr.Dre Beats Headphones - Advice on fake or real ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr.Dre Beats Headphones - Advice on fake or real ??

Calling all beats owners and enthusiasts I need some advice spotting a fake set. A friend of "friend" is selling his beats. Im not really into beats but I have heard they are excellent and combined with the price he is offering them at I just thinks it too good to be true.

So i googled for guides and they are all dated 2012 & 2011, I cant seem to find a similar pic of the headphones on offer so Im not sure if they are an old model or new model. What also worrying me i that I cant seem to find an exact match on the offical website so I am thinking they are fake but Im assured they are real

Pic of the set on question :

Thanks in advice for your help .

You'll look like a tit wearing those, genuine or fake.

Comment

As long as they sound good that doesn't matter.

Comment

Colin - get back under your bridge.

Naka - Yeah, think I might need to test drive them. If the are fake and sound good I will just offer him a ridiculous low price.

Comment

Originally posted by Robster View Post
          Colin - get back under your bridge.
          Will do, there isn't anyone wearing tacky headphones under there at least.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            As long as they sound good that doesn't matter.
            Unfortunately they don't.

Comment

You'll look like a premiership footballer ha ha.
              All joking aside as nak said if you like the sound then all's good.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Will do, there isn't anyone wearing tacky headphones under there at least.
                This made me chuckle, too-shay.

My lack of knowledge on beats is evident, so they are just marketed well and they are all the rage with the kids - even though they are **** ?.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
                  You'll look like a premiership footballer ha ha.
                  All joking aside as nak said if you like the sound then all's good.
                  Stuff that, thats the last thing I want

Comment

From what I have gathered, audiophiles rate them very low (and not just on opinion - on noise and sound range apparently). And yes, they're marketed well. Never owned them but did hear them once and, actually, they sounded pretty good to me. But then a lot of cheaper headphones sound pretty good to me too.

Comment

I heard a pair and thought they were ok. Overpriced though.

Comment

They are made by monster a company famous for selling vastly overpriced av cables that can end up borking the port. Shops love them for the retail mark up but the quality is average at best. If you are in to music that has very very heavy bass they will be ok but ultimately I would say they are more of a fashion accessory rather than a piece of decent audio tech.

Sound or looks really you don't get both with beats (just my opinion mind)

if you want them here is a guide to spot fakes from original beats

Hi All I recently bought a new model of Beats Mixr heaphone. I compared to my friend's headphone which he bought earlier this year (2012). We noticed that two headphones are in big difference. We went to authorized distributor and compare with their sample, Finally and unfortunately my...
                        Last edited by ETC; 12-01-2014, 13:04.

Comment

Thanks for the link ETC, well I cannot find a picture of them anywhere on the official site so I think they are fake.

They look like a mash up of two different models

Comment

I imagine that fake Beats have a good chance of sounding better than real ones

Comment

Yup defo fake not even a serial number on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X