NTSC-J PS3 Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC-J PS3 Releases

I've just re-bought a PS3 (cheaper than ever now)

In all honestly, I'm not a massive fan of last gen. But, that might be because I didn't delve into Japanese releases enough.
    As much as I like shmups, I'm happy to have them on my PS2 and Dreamcast. My desire has long gone for a J360.

So, apart from Ketsui on the PS3, What would you recommend! If it had a PAL release, I may well of played it, but, may not have! Feel free to list quirky playable titles.

I can look into PSN again when I set up. Retail releases would be ideal

Arigato!

Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 & E.X. Troopers.

Comment

There you go, didn't play either, will youtube then now

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowDancer;2115195]My desire has long gone for a J360./QUOTE]

2 minutes of Raiden fighter aces, would soon change that ;-)

Regarding quirky jap ps3 releases, Aquanauts holiday is superb, but expensive to pick up an English version; the sega golf game is quite nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          the sega golf game is quite nice too.
          Also check out Minna no Golf 5. It's the same game as Everybodys Golf World Tour, but has the charm and personality that ripped out of the western releases.

Comment

SRW games are still going strong on PS3.

Comment

I adored the everbodys golf on ps3, its been a while too, so a perfect time to play the Japanese version.
              @the other andy! dvdx I played raiden fighters aces on the Japanese demo when it came out, did I want a Japanese 360 at that time, yes, 100% yes. I don't really want to revist the xbox360 again (for the time being anyway) so, PS3 is the way forward for me.

Seeing speedy pick up no more heroes, makes me want to play it again, I guess being a Suda Fan I should really play killer is dead as well, I've spoilt most of it anyway, by watching gameplay vids, but, always nice to play in person.

Just to check, a 80GB PS3 did play Japanese games didn't it? I'm not worried about playing PS2 games on it as I have that covered already.

Thank You for suggestions.

Comment

Monster Hunter 3rd, Gundam Extreme Versus, EDF4, Gundam Breaker,Railfan,Auquanauts Holiday, Gundam Unicorm, Macross 30, AC 5.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                  Just to check, a 80GB PS3 did play Japanese games didn't it?
                  Yup. I think there were one or two early US releases that had region locking, but not 100% sure on that.

Comment

Akiba's Trip 2 and Ranko Tsukigime are cool little games.

Looking forward to more suggestions in this thread, I am abandoning my 360 and moving over to picking up all the cool stuff on PS3.

Comment

If you liked the previous games in the series, there is always Onechambara Z Kagura ~ With NoNoNo!

Actually, it's almost worth getting it for the Engrish alone.
                      Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 28-01-2014, 22:04.

Comment

I quite fancy Ranko Tsukigime, was that the game you posted in the import thread earlier with suda51 input?
                        any impressions

Comment

Gotta admit that I'm going to have to look some of these games up too.

In terms of hardware the PS3 has always been the better machine over the 360 in my eyes and the fact that it's from Japan is a bonus too. Love my super slim machine too, whisper quiet and it doesn't get hot at all.

No reason to get a PS4 or Xbox One yet definitely!
                          Last edited by speedlolita; 28-01-2014, 23:34.

Comment

Nobody has named any good games yet.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Outrun 2 SP.

There you go J0e.

Comment

Working...
                              X