Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the Kenka Bancho games on PSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried the Kenka Bancho games on PSP?

Has anyone tried these games? At the moment I am particularly enjoying games which give you some freedom to move around and interact within a town. Currently playing Black Panther and Gachitora on PSP and Persona 4 Golden on Vita, and these games look like a good bet for when I want something new.

I know one of them was released in the US, but I would be particularly interested in your impression if you played the Japanese one.

I understand enough Japanese to get most of a story, but not enough to be looking for tiny, subtle points as in, say, the Ace Attorney games, for example.
    Last edited by DeathAdder; 20-10-2014, 09:50.

Badass Rumble which is the third one (I think) got a US release. It's great fun, especially since you mention liking Black Panther and Gachitora. Not exactly the same, but similar themes and gameplay. Well worth it!

I played the first one in Japanese but didn't get too far into it. The beam special attack thing is tricky to use if you can't read Japanese.

Comment

Thanks for that. I'll give one of them a try and update.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        The beam special attack thing is tricky to use if you can't read Japanese.
        I bought one yesterday, and I think I see what you mean. I am training with my Dad, and he makes me use the beam on him. Then you get a quick glance of a Japanese sentence, and you have to choose three words that were in that sentence, in only a few seconds. It's very tough. Maybe it will be easier when I do it before drinking, as I will tonight.

Love the idea though.

Comment

Bought the US one. Loving it so far.

Comment

Got the US one in a flash sale a few weeks back. Just added to my Vita backlog basically.

Comment

Working...
            X