Stranger of the Village of the Sword - 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranger of the Village of the Sword - 360

New dungeon crawler coming to the 360 in Japan. No idea if this will get localised but BOY HOWDY it looks pretty so I hope it does.

Lots of screens here.

The lead artist should be the same as Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls, but with his art thankfully expanded to the whole game, and not just character design.
    I was looking into getting it, but then realised it's based on the Wizardry system, and apparently that system is a curse to Japanese developers that make them unable to do a decent game.
    If it gets localised, I might considere giving it a look though, and yes, it's just because of its looks.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
      I was looking into getting it, but then realised it's based on the Wizardry system, and apparently that system is a curse to Japanese developers that make them unable to do a decent game.
      What's so terrible about the 'Wizardry system'? Busin: Wizardry Alternative (a.k.a. Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land) was developed in Japan and turned out excellent (if a little traditional).

Comment

It's not the Wizardry system itself, is that very game developed in Japan around that system wasn't up to previous (western) Wizardry games, other dungeon crawlers, often had mechanics so exploitable close to break the game, or a general lack of refinement.

Comment

First trailer.

Comment

Opening movie.

Comment

They all sure like blinking.

Comment

Working...
              X