Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycle (Mountain Bike) I.D - Help!

Hi all,

Bit of an odd one, but got this bike as part of a house clearance and looking to identify it.

I thought initially it was a Specialized Stumpjumper 2010 FSR Comp, but it doesn't fully match up to the images I've found.

I know there are one or two cycle enthusiasts on the forum and wondered if you might be able to help me identify it?

Many thanks.

3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Is it an FSR expert?

Perfection. It's hard to define, yet easy to recognize. We specialize in the science of perfection, however, and every bike we make embodies it. No matt...

Comment

It is an FSR Comp 2010 but with a few changes (cranks, grips etc)

It's not the expert because it has the comp brakes and fork.
      Last edited by charlesr; 04-03-2014, 09:33.

Comment

Thank you sir, you are a star! What are the specific changes? Sorry I'm a numbskull when it comes to bikes!

Comment

Also, fyi, check out the scrubbing on the brake lever clamp - either it has been put on the floor upside down and moved around (but it looks the wrong angle) or it has been in an accident. Check it over carefully for signs of paint repair, frame dents, weld cracks and you may also want to loosen everything off on the bars and move them a little so you can check for bar damage - if the bar has been weakened in a particular spot, it's very dangerous (as I found out once - bars snapped landing a drop and I knocked myself out hitting a tree).

Comment

I'm guessing at changes being saddle, bar grips and chainset (the cranks) - I can't tell what cranks they are - they are scrubbed. The bike doesn't come with pedals, so those are own spec flats.

Comment

The cranks look like M590

Comment

Thank for all the help mate! It actually came from the home of a cycle enthusiast, so will might get my local bike shop to take a look.
                Cheers mate

Comment

Working...
                X