Does anyone still use ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone still use ebay?

Haven't used ebay in years at this point but I just went on to look for an extended PSP 3000 battery (yeah, I'll be needing help with that also) and the layout... jesus... it's so ****e now I don't know why anyone would bother?

Is there an alternate out there that has taken off that I've missed?

Not to my knowledge.

I too was looking for & bought an extended PSP battery (3600 mAh) off of ebay a while back. It wasn't official & stopped working after a few weeks. Waste of money.

I've bought & sold on ebay, & I've had mostly good experience with buying despite the above, but as for selling, well, its kinda a pain in the backside & the fees are steep tbh but its the only place to do it apart from here on bordersdown
    Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 15-03-2014, 23:30.

Comment

How they have maintained the monopoly in the west is beyond me, yahoo auctions rules the roost in Japan and the service is a million times better... but I guess the need to be able to find what you're looking for and the fact everybody lists on ebay means any rival services don't stand much of a chance.

Comment

i still buy a lot of snes carts from there when they are at the right price, over 100 in the last six months easy id say..

id love a decent alternative though

Comment

I do not use it much seems hard to find normal people just selling old stuff (and people that do charging way to much). Just seems businesses using it as a store front

Comment

Yep. Had plenty of great service from decent sellers and got bargains.

Comment

eBay is fine if you're smart about it.

Comment

I still use it and find it a good service - though the recent changes to make it somewhat like Twitter (like how you can follow people and items, ugh, pointless) do seem a bit odd.

The problem isn't so much the service, it's the popularity. eBay has become so big that getting a "bargain" on it doesn't happen as much now, because with so many eyes looking at everything, most items go for what they're actually worth. Of course, as someone who sells on eBay from time-to-time, this is an improvement in that sense.

Can still happen though. I got a Neo Geo Pocket Color and about 8 games a year or so ago, because careful analysis of one of the photos revealed that one of the carts was an English Faselei. The owner didn't realise and the whole set was about ?50, which was a steal considering I later sold the game alone for much of that cost.
                Last edited by Asura; 16-03-2014, 07:22.

Comment

I only use it to offload the boxes for new consoles I have bought. I don't keep the packaging. Amazing that people bid over retail price for the box only ... especially for day one consoles. Amazing.

Comment

The new interface just looks awful. It allows the pirated ****e random crap from some chinese seller to have more space than the legit stuff.

The fees are what made me stop using years ago.

I don't quite understand how some item that was taxed to death during manufacturing, then taxed again, needs taxing SECOND/THIRD/FOURTH HAND on ebay?

Someone explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      I don't quite understand how some item that was taxed to death during manufacturing, then taxed again, needs taxing SECOND/THIRD/FOURTH HAND on ebay?
                      What's this? I don't understand.

Then again, it's been years since I sold on eBay. And months since I bought.

Are you now charged sales tax too?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        I still use it and find it a good service - though the recent changes to make it somewhat like Twitter (like how you can follow people and items, ugh, pointless) do seem a bit odd.

The problem isn't so much the service, it's the popularity. eBay has become so big that getting a "bargain" on it doesn't happen as much now, because with so many eyes looking at everything, most items go for what they're actually worth. Of course, as someone who sells on eBay from time-to-time, this is an improvement in that sense.

Can still happen though. I got a Neo Geo Pocket Color and about 8 games a year or so ago, because careful analysis of one of the photos revealed that one of the carts was an English Faselei. The owner didn't realise and the whole set was about ?50, which was a steal considering I later sold the game alone for much of that cost.
                        Was it boxed complete? Faselei isn't worth much cart only though it seems as though either way you made your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                          What's this? I don't understand.

Then again, it's been years since I sold on eBay. And months since I bought.

Are you now charged sales tax too?
                          Ok I've read up a bit.

Ebay were charged a sales tax, the eu said this would 'level the playing field', instead the fee was passed onto the seller in the form of insertion fees and all the rest of the charges that add up, and obviously the EU's idea was **** as no competitor emerged so we're getting more fees for **** ALL reason.

I think that's right anyway. Someone correct me.

Comment

Working...
                          X