Ultimate Warrior dies....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Warrior dies....

passed away yesterday, not sure how. was in his early fifties.

The 54-year-old former wrestler has passed away, days after appearing at WrestleMania 30.

he was a monster when i was young, fave of the wrestlers when i watched it.
    Last edited by beecee; 09-04-2014, 07:37.

What a shame, remember him in the WWF back in the day. So many of these wrestlers don't make it past their forties and fifties.

Comment

U warrior was the one we all wanted to be growing up, Hogan was ok as was macho man and under taker but Warrior was the one we were all nuts about. He must've been ill, his haunting last speech and the fact he made up with Mcmahan via HHH suggests so.

Comment

Wow, only just watched him appear on Wrestlemania on Sunday and then Raw on Monday night.

Not a fan of his due to his political views (extreme right winger) but it's a shame for anyone to die young and a real pity for his family.

Comment

Such a shame. By far my fav old skool wrestler. He was absolutely mental mind (have you ever heard this guy interviewed?) but I thought it worked for his character brilliantly.

Guessing it's heart failure given the insane amount of steroids he did; he was like 6ft and had the frame of a 14 stone bloke yet ended up close to the size of Hogan (who was like 20 odd stone) but made made of pure muscle.

Comment

NOOOOOO!!!!!
            Probably one of my all time faves (after Macho Man) such a shame.

I haven't watched this years Wrestlemania yet but someone said he was in it so will have to make sure I definitely catch it now & Mondays Raw.

Sad to see him pass, one of the true masters of the "sport"
            I still miss the golden age of the WWF it's all just terrible these days.

Neil

Comment

Here's how I like to remember him - monochrome and 2cm high.

Comment

Comment

Wow I'm really surprised he was so well loved. Everyone i knew as a kid growing up hated him, apart from me.

Great to see some Ultimate Warrior love on here. He was my all time favourite wrestler, just a complete nutter in the ring. THQ WrestleMania & No Mercy on N64 was my all time favourite wrestling game & i always customised my own Ultimate Warrior .

I'm really gutted that he's passed away.

Last thing i saw him in was the ad for WWE 2K14, & he looked his usual energetic, mental self.

R.I.P to a true wrestling legend & entertainer

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Here's how I like to remember him - monochrome and 2cm high.
                    I absolutely loved that.
                    Reckon I need to crack the SNES & Super Wrestlemania out now for some old school fun, still probably my best Wrestling game ever.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                      Reckon I need to crack the SNES & Super Wrestlemania out now for some old school fun, still probably my best Wrestling game ever.
                      I bought that very combo of console + game just after my 13th birthday. I'd saved up pocket money for ages, did odd jobs to top it up, asked for money for my birthday and added that to the pot until I was finally able to march down to the local Woolworths and buy one. Ahhh, happy memories, those were the days

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                        I bought that very combo of console + game just after my 13th birthday. I'd saved up pocket money for ages, did odd jobs to top it up, asked for money for my birthday and added that to the pot until I was finally able to march down to the local Woolworths and buy one. Ahhh, happy memories, those were the days
                        They were indeed
                        I remember the first time I fired it up.
                        The Graphics were great & when I heard the exact entrance music I nearly exploded.

Royal Rumble was even better

Comment

Yup, looked and sounded great, even via RF on the 14 inch cheapo telly with mono sound in my bedroom!

It wasn't my favourite wrestling game from my youth though, that honour went to the Wrestlefest arcade machine. There was a nearby newsagent that had it for a couple of years, it was a sad day when they got rid it.

Comment

R.I.P. was my favourite wrestler back in the day.

Talk about sods law, just drawn WWF WrestleMania Challenge for the gaming blog on Saturday.

Platform: Nintendo Entertainment System Title: WWF WrestleMania Challenge Another original scan fresh from the pile of games Randomised Gaming keeps in the corner. Have embedded a gameplay video into the picture. The wheels of fate have turned and we go back to a time when WWE ended with an F in their name as Randomised Gaming will be reviewing the game WWF WrestleMania Challenge on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Classic 90’s wrestling action is all go thanks to the randomiser. Randomised Gaming will be asking that all important question of does this game still piledriver the competition or did it get counted out years ago? While there are a total of four WWF branded wrestling games on the NES this was one of the two titles to be developed by British developer Rare. It will be interesting to see what Rare were able to do for the world of Wrestling on the classic Nintendo 8-bit system. The Randomised Gaming team

I'll add a message to the front of the review, guess he's in that great wrestling Ring in the sky now.

Yeah Wrestlefest is the best 90's WWF game, the Dreamcast title Royal Rumble was really good too.
                            Last edited by S3M; 09-04-2014, 10:41. Reason: Edit added cover picture image

Comment

I'm going to be playing the WWF Wrestlefest arcade game at lunch as a tribute...

EDIT: All of those wrestlers on that NES box are all dead from heart attack/failure (Ultimate Warrior's cause of death is unknown at present)... Except for Hulk Hogan!
                              Last edited by QualityChimp; 09-04-2014, 11:03.

Comment

Working...
                              X