ordering blurays from Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordering blurays from Japan

anyone know of a good, reliable site to order from?

or....if a kind soul living in Japan could order a disc for me, i'd be very grateful (and give you a few quid or so for your trouble)

Before you order anything from Japan, have you checked if the same Blu-Ray is available in Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea etc.? They usually sell Japanese Blu-Rays with local packaging but massively cheaper. Blu-Rays are bloody expensive in Japan.

Regardless, http://www.yesasia.com/ are the way to go. I think they do free shipping for most things.

Comment

Amazon japan will sell direct to the uk, however it has to be from stuff in stock on amazon not from a marketplace seller.

Comment

You don't want to buy BluRay discs from Japan. I live in japan but 90% of my BluRay discs are from Amazon US! I can get 3 movies with shipping included for the price of one here. The best thing about Amazon US is that even market place sellers will ship to Japan. Unless it's anime or some special Japan only release I'd buy my discs from the states if I was you.

Comment

I've been slowly getting the Japanese Ghibli collection through Nin-Nin, and whilst they've been good I would echo the statements above that even a 'good' price is still bloody expensive. Yes-Asia seems to stock a lot, and have their customs-free promise, which could make them a good option?

Comment

So they're what ?30 plus a go there Yakumo? have to ask why they're so expensive.

Comment

Nobody in Japan actually buys DVDs or Blu-Rays, mainly because they're both so ludicrously expensive. Rental is massive here for this very reason. Box sets are especially expensive, anime shows similarly so given the rather ungenerous amount of episodes per disc.

Mind you, Yes Asia is the place if you do want them. As I say though, you may find that the HK/Taiwan/South Korean version is about a quarter of the price, yet usually still has the Japanese language track.

Comment

i'm after the Japanese print of Equilibrium (Rebellion in Japan) there is also a cheaper HDDVD version available

seems to be averaging at ?30 (not delivered)
                Last edited by dvdx2; 15-04-2014, 13:34.

Comment

Agree with all above. I only bought DVDs in Japan when massively reduced. I bought a DVD player that would play R2 PAL discs and bought mine from the UK, especially anime.

Honto.jp have DVD/Bluray at "regular" prices (i.e. Japanese MRP) and will ship SAL without making you pay the 8% consumption tax. I've used them for manga for years now.

Comment

Working...
                  X