X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gundam Extreme VS PS3

Has anyone got this game?
    I saw it in the arcades this week and it really reminded me of Virtual On

Player match with neogaf members donkey show (gevurah22), SpadeRunner, Neo0MJ, and AtChA.Units used:Double XVirsagoGodRX-78-2Amazing save in the end by Neo0M...

I then checked and it came out on PS3 back in jan. I really enjoyed Virtual On so was interested in this but I know the Gundam licence can be the allowance to produce any old tripe, so I'm cautious.

It has a huge following, and it continues to get expanded with new Mobile Suits and pilots. Not my cup of tea (I'm still waiting for something like Side Stories and Zenic Front...original releases, not the upcoming PS3 edition), but a lot of trustworthy people (like MechaDamashii) are all over it.

Comment

A guy on a recent 8-4 Play podcast played it a lot and it sounds great. I saw it in arcades there last year and it looked fantastic. Big arenas for multiplayer royal rumbles.

The episode is here.

Comment

I too listened to that 8-4 Play podcast and it made me want to purchase it. I haven't seen any Gundam series though so I think it would be largely lost on me, gameplay aside.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I too listened to that 8-4 Play podcast and it made me want to purchase it. I haven't seen any Gundam series though so I think it would be largely lost on me, gameplay aside.
          I would recommend it, regardless.

Gundam games IMO are a bit like Star Wars games. Some of them are just for fans, some of them are just good games irrespective of how much (or little) you like the series.

Extreme Vs (and the "vs" games in general) fall into the latter category. They're fast, exciting and fun arena fighters with a large cast of characters and a lot to like.

Comment

Working...
          X