Your favourite crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite crisps

Probably been done before but couldn't find a thread. I do like a bag or three a day.

My favourtie by a mile are the "Co-operative Truly Irresistible Sea Salt and Chardonnay Wine Vinegar Flavour Crisps", can't find a picture of the packet online but they are amazing. Normally ?1.65 for a 150g bag, but I stock up with a carrier bag full of packs when they come down to a pound a bag every six weeks or so. Amazing crisps and better than any of the other posh/Kettle chips ones. Made by Tyrrells but much tastier than normal Tyrrells S&V.

Trouble is, more than about 100g in one sitting and your tongue will feel like it's burning/ripped to shreds and you could start "face sweats" as it's called in the trade.

So, your favourites...

Difficult choice. Really like the Sweet Chilli Walkers Sensations for the flavour but for the overall package the New Yourk Cheddar kettle Chips. I'll give your recommendation a go though as there's a co-op on the walk into work.

Comment

Walkers Sensations Roast Chicken & Thyme.

Roast Beef Monster Munch.

Velvet Crunch Cheese & Spring Onion.

Walkers Prawn Cocktail.

New York Cheddar Kettle Chips (which I can't find anymore, they seem to only sell a different cheesy one around here now).

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
        My favourtie by a mile are the "Co-operative Truly Irresistible Sea Salt and Chardonnay Wine Vinegar Flavour Crisps", can't find a picture of the packet online but they are amazing. Normally ?1.65 for a 150g bag, but I stock up with a carrier bag full of packs when they come down to a pound a bag every six weeks or so. Amazing crisps and better than any of the other posh/Kettle chips ones. Made by Tyrrells but much tastier than normal Tyrrells S&V.
        My favourites are easily Tyrrells salt and vinegar too although I'm not even certain I've had your fancy one or if I just get the normal ones. Hard to know without seeing the pack. They're hard enough to find here though and I often end up with other brands and they're good but Tyrrells are great. Generally I love the very salty and vinegary salt and vinegar.

Comment

The king of crisps is smokey bacon i dont care what brand just give me them all, if its with a beer corfresh Jalapeno potato Snacks that spa seem to stock cant be beat.

I'm not a massive fan of artisan crisps if its made out of parsnip or sweet potato or carrot i will eat it still but be secretly disappointed its not a real crisp.

Comment

The crisps I'm on about look like this roughly

Also I forgot Brannigans Roast Beef & Mustard, yum, not had them since buying a box of them from Amazon a while back, just don't see them in the shops round here. They're not in the old fashioned looking bag any more it seems.

Comment

At Uni it was T-Bone Steak flavour Roysters, a pint of McEwans lager and Street Fighter II in the student bar. Don't know if you can even buy those crisps anymore though. Not seen them for many years.

Comment

Comment

No, I don't know those ones, David. The ones I get are these:

Comment

The ones I mean in my first post are branded Co-op Truly Irresistible, in a mainly black bag but looking on the back they are made by Tyrrells.

Brad - you can still get the Roysters T-Bone ones, normally a multipack in the Poundshops, they're not very nice nowadays those, taste very salty.

Comment

For the real pub effect I enjoy the classic Smiths Savoury Selection (including Scampi Fries, Cheese Moments and whatever the bacon ones are called).

Comment

OMG just spotted the Roast Beef & Mustard Brannigans. They are right up there with the Roysters. I want some right now.

Comment

Perfect.

Make the pic smaller please I didn't think it'd be massive.

They are Mckoys salt and vinegar btw. :P

Comment

Walkers Worcester Sauce flavour are amazing

Comment

Prawn cocktail Skips

Beef monster munch

Lays Wavy

Comment

Working...
                              X