Anyone used Tenso.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used Tenso.com?

To save constantly pestering Yakumo all the time for Amazon orders i decided to try one of these middleman forwarding services Tenso seems like a decent one & the fees are not too astronomical. Has anyone tried them before?

Bit of a pain to set up as you need to provide documents to prove who you are before you can get things shipped to you but now i have sorted that out & set up an account, i now have a Japanese postal address i can use to send stuff to from various Japanese shops. Amazon Japan is a goldmine of new cheap import games which i was locked out of due to them not shipping outside Japan i also now have access to the markeplace sellers too YAY. Done a test order fom Amazon & it went through ok now just waiting to see how much the shipping will be. Only time it gets expensive is if you have lots of separate parcels as they will charge postage on each one although you can consolodateh them all for a fee.

I have a feeling my import collection is going to explode, new DS games for only a couple of thousand yen on ebay i'd be paying 3 times that for new copies.
    Last edited by importaku; 30-04-2014, 19:03.

Yeah, I've used them a few times, mostly in conjunction with Rakuten - have somewhat mixed feelings. They are definitely a great way to get some otherwise un-obtainable things, but the final costs usually end up pretty damn high once you factor in shipping to them, their fees (standard + bundling), EMS costs, customs etc. They have refused my request to bundle stuff before too, which then means you'll end up paying even more given it'll be two lots of shipping, two inevitable customs charge each with their own 'handling fee' and so on.

I wouldn't say don't do it, but rather just that if your only incentive is cost, don't be surprised if it ends up being not much cheaper for way more hassle.

Comment

From further reading up yes i have discovered the fees can mount up fast, discovered that really heavy stuff can get pretty expensive as they calculate on weight. So far im only using them to get access to the rest of Amazon, the price difference between them & ebay for some of the DS games im after is huge. Some of the ones im after are literally 500 yen on Amazon brand new & ?60 on ebay for an opened used copy. Even with the added fees the price is still enough to make it attractive, Amazon sent them all off in one package i should avoid the bundling fee this time however i know this won't be the case all the time however the shipping from Amazon to Tenso was free so that was one less cost. Just got their fee & ems postage left to pay now (plus customs if it gets busted)

Shall be interesting to see how it turns out, if anything least my DS collection will benefit it hehe.

Comment

Yeah - having been burned more than once, I'd still go back, just perhaps with a bit more thought going into the process. Getting everything you want in one box is a huge plus, so hopefully it doesn't work out too bad - fingers crossed on your behalf here

Comment

Well so far so good, my 4 DS games arrived at the Tenso warehouse this morning got an email was suprised at the efficiency so far, the grand total for postage to the uk & their fees was 2460 yen which is suprisingly good considering they are sending it here by ems. I had visions of them going missing as i wasn't quite sure i had put the address in the right place as im not accustomed to having to type kanji in.

Colour me impressed so far, the 4 games i ordered came to ?33 from Amazon Japan & they were all sealed. I wouldn't have been able to find one of them used on ebay for that price. There are some really expensive ones that im after that are now going for a premium but there are also a lot of cheap ones im after too. Going to hoover all those suckers up.

Now i know it works im curious what else i can order from Japan, my credit card just let out a tiny shriek of joy LOL

Comment

Working...
          X