Thought for the day ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought for the day ....

If laser surgery and contact lenses are so great why did the two different opticians my son saw today both wear glasses? one was about 45 and one around 28 so it's not an age thing.

What has crossed your mind/puzzled you today? gaming related or not, doesn't matter.

You shouldn't wear contact lens all day if possible. And laser surgery is expensive.

There's a "I'm a voter" button on my phone on facebook. I can't see any way of getting rid of it apart from pressing it. May as well have a "press me" button.

Comment

It could be for one of several reasons

You need glasses when you start to reach your 40's anyway and contact lenses don't easily correct what the specs can.

They may not be suitable for contact lenses perhaps eyes that are too dry or a prescription that means they contacts don't correct the vision as well as specs would.

It could be that they aren't suitable for laser surgery, the current commonly used methods require a certain level of corneal thickness to correct short-sightness and long-sightedness isn't very easy to correct with the surgery anyway. The results that laser surgery often aren't as good as what glasses or contacts lenses can achieve either, so they may not want it for that reason.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that. Nice idea but allow us to remove it.

Amazon should pursue the drone delivery idea.

Comment

Fair points EB, knew you'd be the one to trump me.
          Gutted my sons prescription has increased to -13.25 in each eye now. Told it would go up a bit once he got to 12 or so.

Second thought of the day, what knob invented saucepan lids with a metal bobble/handle. They get hot as **** once the pan comes to the boil.
          Last edited by VR46; 22-05-2014, 19:52.

Comment

Everyone knows that glasses make you look smarter, more trustworthy and educated. It's an image thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
              Fair points EB, knew you'd be the one to trump me.
              Gutted my sons prescription has increased to -13.25 in each eye now. Told it would go up a bit once he got to 12 or so.
              Well it is my area of professional expertise :P
              it's one of those things, we aren't really sure what causes it to happen like that for some people. Keeps going into your 20's for some people, hopefully it will slow down.

Comment

Sheesh, that's bad... my eyes are -1.00 and -2.25 respectively, and I've been wearing glasses since I was 12, but the prescription has not changed much at all in 25 years.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                  Everyone knows that glasses make you look smarter, more trustworthy and educated. It's an image thing.
                  Remember when wearing glasses without proper lenses was a fashion thing? Ugh.

Comment

Believe Tinie Tempah doesn't need glasses but always wears them..

Thanks for the info Boris, his prescription hasn't changed much for five years really. He's been wearing glasses all day every day since he was 18 months old so knows no different.

Comment

We've recently launched some new equipment that allows us to do the laser surgery in a totally new way to how we did it before, I'm even tempted myself by it. Hopefully by the time he's a bit older it will be even better again.

Comment

I was going to have laser eye surgery until I found out you don't actually get laser eyes.

Comment

If only I'd be lasering the hell out if everything. Just like evil superman

Comment

I use orthokeratology lenses. Non-permanent eye shape adjustment FTW!

Comment

Pursue genetic engineering.

Comment

Working...
                              X