GBA Shooter recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBA Shooter recomendations

Just looking for a general feel of whats a good shooter on GBA, either UK, US or JP, not fussed. Just as long as I get to blow stuff up!!!

It's quite crap for shooters but I recommend Gradius Deluxe, Darius R and Silent Scope!

Silent Scope is really good on the GBA by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
      Silent Scope is really good on the GBA by the way!

*Sceptical face*

I have to ask: are you joking? I'd imagine it would be piss poor without the Arcade Rifle of FunTM?

Comment

[quote="Ashe"]
        Originally posted by phillai
        I'd imagine it would be piss poor without the Arcade Rifle of FunTM?
        True, but if you compare the GBA version to the Dreamcast version then it really is an excellent conversion...

Comment

I don't get why 8ing/Raizing haven't done a shooter considering their GBA experience with the KuruKuru games. Maybe it really is too underpowered. A vertical shooter would be wicked if you turn the GBA sideways. No real control/comfort issues, you can reach everything if you hold it like a palm.

Comment

r-type dx for gameboy colour is a great shooter

Comment

Not GBA, but Parodius for Gameboy is nice. There's a colour version on one of those Konami packs.

And for true old school fun, the conversion of Gyruss on Konami's Arcade Advanced is superb.

Jay

Comment

Anybody got any other recommendations? Just bought me a GBA SP and am on the lookout for some quailty portable shoot 'em ups.

Comment

Iridion 2 is pretty decent.

Comment

There really is a shocking lack of proper shooters on the GBA given it's 2D prominence. Darius R is rubbish even for Darius Fans. I've heard Gradius Advance is good but then you'd have to be into the Konami brand of shooting to like it I'd say. Steel Empire might be worth a look, just got a PAL release as far as I know. R-Type 3 is supposedly dog****.

There's no good reason for this paltry selection, I don't think the GBA lacks the power at all.

Comment

I cant understand why Konami never released Parodius on the GBA, that would have been outstanding!

Comment

It's probably due to the crappy screen that was on the original GBA.

Comment

Metal Slug Advance

Comment

Best shooter on the GBA is surely Gunstar Super Heroes, although it's obviously part platform game too.

As for pure shooters I'd struggle to think of anything worthwhile. Gradius is pretty sloppy and really doesn't do justice to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by moonwhistle
                              There really is a shocking lack of proper shooters on the GBA given it's 2D prominence.

There's no good reason for this paltry selection, I don't think the GBA lacks the power at all.
                              Agreed, but well it is a Nintendo machine. They're always found wanting in that department.

Comment

Working...
                              X