RIP Rik Mayall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Rik Mayall

"Horrible, horrible news. Comedian, actor and writer Rik Mayall has died at the age of 56.

The news has been confirmed by a spokesman for his management company, to the Press Association..
    Mayall sprung to fame for many of us through The Young Ones. But heck: there's so much that he did. Bottom. Drop Dead Fred. The New Statesman. More recently in Jonathan Creek. And his scene stealing Lord Flashheart in Black Adder too - one of many roles that's going to be enjoyed for many decades to come.
    One of the most gifted comedy actors of his generation - and legitimately a unique one - Mayall is survived by his wife and three children.
    Mayall's death is a terrible loss, and a shocking one at such a young age. Our thoughts are with his friends and family at what must be a devastating time. Rest in peace, Mr Mayall."

Gutted.

Genuine british TV legend, don't think I've ever bumped into anyone who wasn't a fan. Deserved many more years

Comment

Yeah, just saw this - will have to have a Bottom marathon remembrance.

Comment

Grew up watching him on the TV from comic strip presents, the young ones and bottom which I loved

Rik and abe were a powerhouse of comedy back in the day but I didn't know he was ill since a quad bike accident way back in 1998

Comment

****ing hell. Had just logged in to post something in the irk thread, seems trivial now. Gutted to hear this, the man was a comedy legend to my generation.

Comment

Damn. Kinda lost for words.

Comment

fuuuck ...

Thats not good!! People like this are supposed to live forever ...

RIP and thanks for the laughs

Comment

Even in death, he can make me laugh.

I told my friend he'd died and he asked if it was due to severe trauma to the face and testicles from a frying pan wielded by Ade Edmondson.

Anybody else use to love Grim Tales with the arm chair that moved? The perfect narrator!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 09-06-2014, 15:27. Reason: Fixed video link

Comment

The true face of politics:

I bet you could run that series right now and it would still be totally relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    The true face of politics:

I bet you could run that series right now and it would still be totally relevant.
                    Probably more relevent

Comment

He was The People's Poet:

What do you think you're doing, pig?
                      Do you really give a fig, pig?
                      And what's your favourite sort of gig, pig?
                      Barry Manilow
                      Or the black and white minstrel show?

Comment

Man, that's put a downer on the day. What a man.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          He was The People's Poet:

What do you think you're doing, pig?
                          Do you really give a fig, pig?
                          And what's your favourite sort of gig, pig?
                          Barry Manilow
                          Or the black and white minstrel show?
                          This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"

Comment

Can you actually kill yourself with laxative pills?

Comment

I read this news with complete shock.
                              This has utterly devastated me right now. I was one of his biggest fans & grew up with The Young's One's, Comic Strip, Filthy Rich, Kevin Turvey, Bottom , New Statesman, Believe Nothing & the Rik Mayall Presents Series, & just loved everything he did. I've literally got tears in my eyes as I'm writing this. Rik Mayalls comedy basically brought me up from a nipper so this is feels like my Dad dieing all over again. I know it sounds over the top but he really was like an idol to me.

RIP my comedy Legend & all round hell raiser

Comment

Working...
                              X