Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four month ban for Suarez for Jaws 3 incident.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luis Suarez is banned from world football for four months for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Lucky lucky boy. Should be back for LFC right at end of October.

4 months? Wtf? 2 yrs & a hit in his wallet would have been the right decision. Its not the 1st time & he hasn't learnt a thing.
    Will he do it again? Of course!! Hell, even i would have a bite if i was a footballer knowing I'd get such a piss poor punishment, & I'm a veggie ffs!

Comment

If I bit someone in the office I wonder if I'd get a temporary ban?

Comment

He is a clunge. But I am slightly relieved, I'm afraid. Probably difficult for non-LFC supporters to understand (he terrorised their teams afterall), but after getting back into the CL and getting back on track in general, providing he does want to stay, I selfishly want his talented side playing at the club. But yeah, he's not right in the head. Was thinking which I'd rather have, a bite on the shoulder or a spit in the face? A bite on the shoulder please.
        Last edited by hudson; 26-06-2014, 16:22.

Comment

Or a deliberate career ending leg-aiming ball-avoiding sliding tackle? You just get a red card for that (maybe).

OMG I'm in the football folder... I just followed the link on the homepage. /me slides out quietly.

Comment

True, Charles. But you could argue that they don't mean to end careers. It's loss of control from being totally off the ground in many of those cases.

Liverpool, his employers are being punished the most here. Why not a ?5m fine instead?

Comment

You've changed. Hoolak would never have suggested that

Comment

Didn't have a clue who he was (don't watch football) until it came up on the news with video clips of all his biting. I was gob smacked that he's even allowed to play? Obviously money, but wtf?
                Last edited by k0pp0; 26-06-2014, 19:24. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Suarez is a massive gimp and deserves his ban, but I do feel some of the reactions are over the top. Eye-gouging in rugby seems a far, far worse crime yet that is punished almost exactly the same as the Suazez incident. I do feel that there is a slight holier than thou attitude from some non football fans.

It is about this time that people talk about how much money he earns as if that has anything to do with it.

Comment

EDIT - Please remove.
                    Last edited by Asura; 26-06-2014, 20:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                      Suarez is a massive gimp and deserves his ban, but I do feel some of the reactions are over the top. Eye-gouging in rugby seems a far, far worse crime yet that is punished almost exactly the same as the Suazez incident. I do feel that there is a slight holier than thou attitude from some non football fans.

It is about this time that people talk about how much money he earns as if that has anything to do with it.
                      Money he earns? Or money he makes for sponsors etc?

I shall now retire from this conversation as I am already out of my depth.

Comment

Deserved is ban but people are going ott. This is nothing on Keane destroying Haaland.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post

Same could be said of the hypocrisy of football supporters who suddenly think its ok for a grown man to bite another person (just cos he isn't getting his own way) just cos he plays for their favourite footy team. I hope that all you Liverpool fans are happy to take your kids to see a fully grown man behave like a spoilt little brat & be able to get off lightly time & time again.
                          Such a great role model for your kids
                          Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 26-06-2014, 22:23.

Comment

I'm a Liverpool fan and my boys at the age of 2 and 4 know that it is "very naughty" to bite. Serious trouble. Most kids try it out and are immediately taught of how bad behaviour it is and grow out of it really quickly when they're about 1 year old. My 4 year old saw Suarez do it and was shocked. Suarez has toddlers everywhere saying "naughty man!". The kids, probably even his own kids know more right from wrong than him. I feel sorry for his kids.

Comment

Surely the LFC solicitors weren't stupid enough to have some clause in his new contract last summer regarding future offences/bans.

As a Liverpool supporter can't deny that he is one of the top strikers in the world when on form, but this offence had been one too far, a ban for racism and two for biting in the three and a bit years since he joined us is not acceptable. If Barca offer ?50M plus think we should bite their hand off - no pun intended.

He's lost one sponsor and if any others want out he's given them the ideal opportunity

Luis Suarez loses the support of one of his financial backers after he is banned for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

Comment

Working...
                              X