Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolf Harris guilty of indecent assaults

How horrible for these people. I used to look up to Rolf so much as a child when he did the cartoon club.

Really makes me mad, he doesn't deserve bail of you ask me.

I know sadly there has been a lot of this around with certain "celebs" but this one really stands out for me as he really was a childhood idol for me. Anger and disappointment all rolled into one.
    Last edited by djtickle; 30-06-2014, 17:30.

Saville, Rolf, Hall, DLT...it is crystal-clear that the BBC knew that all of this sh1t was going on under their roof.

Anybody who believes otherwise is an idiot. Simple as.

Comment

He'll only be on bail until sentencing on Friday, surely he'll have to get time inside for the offences.

Comment

Have fun in prison, Rolf. They love pedos in there.

Oh, wait, they don't.

Comment

Makes you wonder how many other celeb nonces have yet to be found out. The BBC sure did seem to employ a lot of them, all of a sudden Rolf's cartoon club has a sinister twist to it.

Comment

First I'd heard of this, and I don't know all the details, but reading that BBC link, at least one of the incidents was described as he groped a waitresses bottom or something similar. That to me, is very very minor and doesn't warrant the label of paedo/sex offender. Are things really getting this bad?

Comment

Children & a teenage girl were involved too mate.
              It was also mentioned a while ago that they found indecent images of kids on his computer, but that seems to have suspiciously disappeared now.

They mentioned on the news that he had a Jekyll & Hyde nature. I remember watching Animal Hospital on the bbc back in the 90's & he always seemed so warm n friendly & also genuinely upset. Then it was revealed that he was putting on the waterworks & was a bastard & even ignored the vets & staff who worked with him while off camera.

Dirty bastard!!
              Last edited by EDDIE M0NS00N; 01-07-2014, 05:24.

Comment

That's the key thing, what you've said Eddie.

This whole thing saddens me because I both liked and respected Rolf Harris. He was on TV so much when I was a kid, and I watched many of his shows.

I'm not one of those annoying people who everyone seems to know who said, at the time of the Saville scandal, "oh I always knew he was one", but what I will say about Saville is that he always seemed a bit strange. I never liked him as a kid.

Rolf gave off a different vibe - that he was very genuine. That if anything makes it worse.

Comment

Saville always seemed a bit creepy but I would never have guessed he was a kiddie fiddler on the roof

Comment

Time to consign your IT crowd t-shirt to the bin

Feel a bit let down by this, used to watch Rolf's cartoon club growing up and he always came across as a nice guy really surprised he's been found guilty.

referring back to the comment above I thought Dave Lee Travis's allegations had been dropped and where not related to underage girls, I'm not saying what he did was right, but is it really in the public interest to put someone on trial for grabbing someones Arse in the 70s and 80s. To me i feel like hes been held up to today's standards for something that happened 30-40 years ago.

Comment

^ Yes, DLT was cleared. And yes, pinching pretty girls' bottoms and chasing secretaries around desks was compulsory-by-law in the 1970s.

Comment

The way the story was being reported seemed liked he'd just grabbed a few arses back in the day.

The reality of it is that it's a lot worse than it appears:
                        Rolf Harris is used to attention in the world of showbiz, but his court trial on sex abuse charges shone a much harsher light on the entertainer.

Some of the witnesses appeared to be damaged, vulnerable. Others were angry, indignant as they recalled what they said had happened when they were young children or teenagers.

Much of it was too graphic for the mainstream media to report. Inevitably, it will have left the public with a misleading impression of the seriousness of the charges.
                        The allegations were not simply a case of over-familiarity of the kind said to be have been prevalent in another age. One of those involved was aged just seven or eight at the time.

Comment

Ah, ...fair enough Chimpleton.

Comment

I thought exactly the same as you, that it's just a lot of hot air over nothing and he'd be found innocent, but it turns out the details of what he got up to are a lot worse than we thought.

It seemed like he'd had an affair with his daughter's friend when she was 18 or 19, but the court found him guilty of grooming her from the age of 13.

Comment

I'm surprised that most of the rock bands from the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's, & a lot of actors from that era haven't been up on fiddlin charges considering the amount of teenage girls that were throwing themselves at them, not that they were to know they were under age to be fair

Comment

Working...
                              X