Daikoukai Jidai - pirate games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daikoukai Jidai - pirate games

Anyone played these games? A search only produced one result - on a post your collections thread from a decade ago.

I'm wanting pirate games (I've played Sid Meier's Pirates, Black Flag and some of the Pirates of the Caribbean games) and a little research informed me of these games. There are PS3, DS and PSP ones.

Anyone tried them at all? Would love to hear your comments if you have.

When I saw this thread, I thought it referred to a game series where you pirated games - IN THE GAME.

Comment

GTG = Grand Theft Games. Activity revolves around car boot sales and school playgrounds to start with, before moving up into online distribution, high level tax evasion, running from interpol etc.

Comment

tomato: Tropico 2 is in the Humble Weekly this week https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
        I imagine the DS and PSP ones are limited, but there are several on PS3 if I remember rightly. Not played any of them...but if you need advice on Farming Sim games

Charles:
        Car Boot Simulator - You go around looking for bargains and end up getting everything from eBay for cheaper.

Closely followed by the lazy semi-sequel Saturday Afternoon Simulator set in 1990s Cardiff, you spend your Saturday afternoon listlessly flipflopping between going for a walk or A-Team re-runs on ITV. Or as we shall call it, "Steve's Mod".
        Last edited by kryss; 21-07-2014, 17:44.

Comment

Tropico doesn't look as if it has much leaping over the side of a ship brandishing a cutlass. That's what I want to do

Comment

Skies of Arcadia (DC/GC) - the best swashbuckling pirate game you'll ever play. Set in the sky! With cutlasses! And a giant sky whale! ARGGH!!

Risen (360) - apparently quite piratey. I've got it on order. Not played it. Set on an island. Of pirates. Or something.

Port Royal 3 (PS3 or 360) - a pirate management game, apparently.

Comment

I used to love Overboard! on the PS1.

Comment

I used to love Treasures of the Deep on PS1. It has pirates in it. But it's all underwater. Amazing. Beautiful music, with Spanish guitars.

Comment

Thanks - doing some research now.

Comment

There's probably something there.

Comment

Risen 2 is even more pirate-themed than the first.

@QualityChimp

Age of Booty does a nice job at channeling Overboard!, I'd say.

Comment

Right - going to take the plunge on a Daikoukai Jidai game.

Comment

I loved Uncharted Waters. It was a merchant simulator, not a pirate simulator though, iirc.

Comment

I bought Galleon for Xbox recently in CeX, believe that is a Pirate game. Also the first Pirates of the Caribbean game on Xbox isn't too related to the film and is just a pirate sim, iirc.

Comment

Bah! (bemoans lack of X-box).

How is Galleon?

Comment

Working...
                              X