Premier League 2014/15 general thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premier League 2014/15 general thread

New season and a new thread, should be a cracking season whether you support a top six team or Burnely, who I don't think are worth a punt for the title even at 10,000 to 1 sorry Burnley fans.

Some cracking opening weekend fixtures and should be a tight table top and bottom come next May.

Let the fun begin.

Man Utd V Swansea
    Leicester V Everton
    QPR V Hull
    Stoke V Aston Villa
    West Brom V Sunderland
    West Ham V Tottenham
    Arsenal V Crystal Palace
    Liverpool V Southampton (Sun)
    Newcastle V Man City (Sun)
    Burnley V Chelsea (Mon)

Not long to go now! Love the start of the season; the excitement of dreaming of getting off to a flying start, combined with the fear of losing and seeing all your summer optimism evaporate in the opening ninety minutes. Can't beat it

Comment

A flying start is so important nowadays as teams like Man City, Chelsea etc could go a couple of months without dropping a single point.
      Hopefully can include Liverpool in that sentence again this coming season.
      How many will Chelsea put past Burnley on Monday, five? baptism of fire there.

Comment

He did a brilliant job there last season but it seems Tony Pulis' future is in doubt at Crystal Palace. At a club like that a decent manager can be the difference between mid table safety and relegation, so I'd have thought Palace would do all they can to keep him, unless what he's asking for is completely unrealistic. Worrying times for Palace fans.

Manager Tony Pulis leaves Crystal Palace by mutual consent less than 48 hours before the start of the season.

Comment

Laid a ?40 bet @33/1 on this today. Clearly the guy was ITK.

Comment

Blimey, he's gone!

Comment

Haha. Cost my shop ?1360!

Comment

Ouch!

As the ex-Cardiff director of football (or whatever he is) is working at Palace now, people are making the obvious connection and Malky Mackay is the big favourite to become the new manager.

Comment

Villa won away...with a clean sheet.
                  I assume I am in a coma and it's all a dream.

Also...great goal by the Spurs lad. Especially for a centre half

Comment

Originally posted by EJG1980 View Post
                    Blimey, he's gone!
                    Hardest job in the world being a Palace fan. Luckily I don't take footy too seriously these days. How gutting though.

Comment

Amazing how after one game the expected/probable top four are already in the top four

Position Team Played Goal Difference Points
                      1 Chelsea 1 2 3
                      2 Man City 1 2 3
                      3 Arsenal 1 1 3
                      4 Liverpool 1 1 3
                      Sorry Man U/Spurs/Everton fans and anyone else.

Comment

Funnily enough I reckon that's the order it'll finish as well.

Comment

?59.7M for Di Maria sounds like a hell of a lot of money to me.

Comment

It's hilarious. Man United aren't buying any quality players in their most vitally needed positions.

Comment

Yep panic buying to the max.

Is also ironic that Ferdinand's new team have conceeded the most goals in the league so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X