Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first match you ever went to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the first match you ever went to?

For me, I was 11, taken by my Grandad as we lived about half an hour from Watford at the time.

Watford 2 - 1 Liverpool, Saturday 14th May 1983
    Match info, we were first and second in the table after the game, Barnes was still playing for Watford at the time.

LFChistory.net is all about the history of Liverpool FC. We have got all the match results from 1892 to today along with great player profiles

I was quite late getting into football, it wasn't until I was 12 that I really caught the bug, and I was a fairly old 14 before I went to my first match.

8th October 1994, White Hart Lane, Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Queens Park Rangers

QPR took the lead but Spurs equalised through Nick Barmby with ten minutes to play. Both teams played with ten men for half of the match as Kevin Scott and Les Ferdinand had a bit of a scuffle and were both sent off. It was a bit scrappy from what I remember but I loved it.

Went with my Dad and younger brother. My Dad hadn't been to a Spurs match since the early 70's (big Spurs fan who had been going since he was a kid but the rise of hooliganism put him off) so it was nice that through us kids he was able to get back into the game. And we've been regulars at WHL ever since.

Comment

As a kid I used to go to watch Spurs with my mates as you'd get in for free at half-time but as an Arsenal fan this wasn't ideal.
      The first full game I went to was Arsenal vs Man City at Highbury back when Liam Brady was playing so mid 1970's.

Comment

Working...
      X