Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import friendly japanese ps1 and ps2 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import friendly japanese ps1 and ps2 games?

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what everyone's favourite import friendly ps1 and ps2 japanese games are? I just got a region free console therefore i'd like to see what the japanese ps2 library has to offer me :P i'm not a huge shmup fan by the way, if that can be taken into consideration. Thanks

Any genres you're interested in?

This is a very broad request!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Any genres you're interested in?

This is a very broad request!
      I am a fan of most genres really, but specifically I like anything actiony, adventure games, RPGs (wishful thinking in terms of being import friendly), 3D fighters, 2D and 3D platformers, rhythm games. Just not too keen on shmups and 2D fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarenka View Post
        I am a fan of most genres really, but specifically I like anything actiony, adventure games, RPGs (wishful thinking in terms of being import friendly), 3D fighters, 2D and 3D platformers, rhythm games. Just not too keen on shmups and 2D fighters.
        Well the thing is, 2D/3D fighters; you could name practically any game. There are very few fighting games which cause problems for an importer. That being said, IMO, most of the 3D fighters that are worth playing got released in the West; the majority of fighters that didn't make it were 2D.

The 3D ones which didn't make it tended to be the anime-licenced ones; stuff themed around One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and the like. Some were pretty good if you were a fan of the series, but I'm not aware of any that were so good that you'd like them if you weren't already a fan of their source material. They can also be trouble, because they rely heavily on story/RPG modes and narrative content which can be tricky if you don't understand the Japanese.

If you wanted something a bit obscure in the fighting genre, I would recommend Gundam: Rengou vs ZAFT II. Really fun fighter (though if you have a PS3, "Gundam Extreme Vs" is the successor series and that's region-free).

Last edited by Asura; 28-09-2014, 08:48.

Comment

Working...
        X