Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which version of Castlevania II Simon's Quest should I play?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which version of Castlevania II Simon's Quest should I play?...

- original version

- re-translation

- redaction

I'd personally recommend skipping Simons Quest. I played the PAL Version when I refused use of an FAQ, I must of clocked up 200 hours and I had to use one in the end. Some of the stuff I bumbled to find out how to proceed was pure fluke.

I know the PAL version was lost in translation, so, I guess the Japanese version would be the way to go if that works for you..

I'd not heard of redaction....

Comment

I'm would go for one of the re-translation as like ShadowDancer said the original translation makes the game almost unplayable at certain points due to all the errors in it. Great game however even with its flaws.

Comment

Should've made it more clear I meant the original English version with 'original' and not the Japanese version.

My Japanese is rather limited I'm afraid... lol

So I guess the original version is out and it's between Redaction and Re-translation.

Redaction takes away all the fake clues and replaces them with real ones.

Re-translation on the other hand is a more faithful translation, including all the fake clues from lying villagers.

Anyone played both of them?...

Comment

Well, guess my Everdrive N8 decided in my place.

The Re-translation ROM works perfectly, but Redaction just won't load.

Here's hoping it'll take me less than 200 hours to finish, and I won't be needing a guide now...

Comment

Working...
          X