Persona 2 Eternal Punishment *Minor spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment *Minor spoilers*

I have played a PS1/X RPG in a few years, which is like my going rate.
    I started reading and watching videos on the earlier games last night.

Persona PS1....I mean I could be wrong, but, on watching this game, it doesn't do anything for me.....

Innocent Sin is Japanese, unless I buy a psp to play it.

The one I really find interesting is Eternal Punishment....

Can I go right in and start there? it may ignite me to go backwards after it rather than forwards.

From what I understand (very basic!) If I don't play Persona the original, I'm going to miss some characters and cameo roles that will appear in EP.

I also read that

the lady dies in innocent sin and is brought back to life

for EP.

I don't have any issues getting lost in an RPG for a month or two (or whatever!) but, Eternal punishment looks like the one I want to try....

Anyone offer any advice? Thank You.

(P.S) I haven't played loads of J-RPGS on PS1, But I love the two original Suikoden games, and part of me thinks i'll still play Lunar Silver Star on Mega CD...I can dream

Why do you want to try Innocent Sin over Eternal Punishment? They are both very similar and Eternal is a direct sequel.

Comment

I want it visa versa naka.....Eternal punishment is the one I think i'll enjoy...

Comment

Sorry that's what I meant. Why do you think you will enjoy Eternal?

Comment

The story looks interesting, but, I haven't delved too deep because I don't want to spoil it. I also like them particular graphics as opposed to the 1st. If Innocent sin wasn't Japan only, (save psp) I would of started with that....

Comment

I've finished Innocent Sin on PSP and the characters and story are outstanding. It's worth playing alone for Eikuchi, he is hilarious.
            Eternal Punishment is VERY similar. I would certainly play the first game first because it sets you up nicely to appreciate the second one better.

Comment

I'll take that then, i'll start with persona :-)
              I wasn't sure what to do, but, I guess it does make sense to start with the original Persona...

Thank You :-)

Comment

No no. The original Persona is separate. Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment are two parts of the same story. Innocent Sin is Persona 2 part 1. Eternal is part 2. Play Innocent Sin first.

Comment

Oh I see, silly me, sorry...i'll look into this, this week :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X