Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switchless region and Mega CD Multibios mod on Wondermega?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchless region and Mega CD Multibios mod on Wondermega?

I am just finishing off a house move and going through a lot of my stuff thats in storage I dug out my Victor Wondermega

I currently use a Mk1 MegaDrive Mega CD combo that has a very nice swtchless region mod and I was looking at the possibility of doing something similar with the Wondermega.. I am putting together a new game room and want to slim down the console count and space taken as much as possible, not to mention the number of power plugs..

The cart region mod has been possible for a while but from what I have been reading the multi bios mod seems to be possible now, has anyone had any experiance with this?

While it may be possible, would you really want to? Those things are worth serious coin and I can only see this as affecting the value, as much as I hate to talk in collectors terms...

Comment

I know what you mean, but it's a shame as without the mod I just can't see myself using it.. I am used to the convenience of my switchless mega-drive .. it would need an RGB mod aswell, at the moment s-video is the best it can do..
      I am of course assuming that all the mods could be done internally without drilling any extra holes.. I guess that could still affect the value for some collectors but I value image quality/convenience more

Comment

Think the trooper got some modding done on a victor wondermega i sold him a few years ago. Drop him a pm

Comment

Working...
        X