Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bang & Olufsen mx1500 & Mx4000 (Plus remote question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bang & Olufsen mx1500 & Mx4000 (Plus remote question)

Looking to get a B&O MX1500 for retro gaming. Ideally that model because of the smaller screen.
    (I don't have much room)

I don't fancy a PVM or BVM right now.....

Does this TV give a nice RGB image with retro consoles?

Is ebay my only hope of getting one...(kinda has to be in the west mids due to me not driving)

Thanks,
    Last edited by ShadowDancer; 22-06-2015, 21:02.

Generally, if you're using RGB you're gonna get a nice image out of a CRT. B&O are pretty popular in the community for being good displays though, can't see this being different. Only thing to keep in mind is that you may need to get a certain remote to get into the service menu.

Also certain B&O sets can de-interlace 480i to 240p - which is nice.

If you want to avoid eBay maybe look on Gumtree or Freecycle. Given that they are CRT, yeah, you're not gonna find them readily available.

Comment

Thanks Speedy

Comment

Couple of my mates have about 40 of these TVs, from a hotel clearance. They're great.

Comment

That's jammy...

Comment

Sod it, i'll open my options to a MX4000 Although, it might be too big, i'll see what I can get firstly.
            I'd love to try either tbh....

Comment

Someone failed to see a working MX4000 which is literally 20 minutes away from me.
              Thing is, no remote, and I understand, the remote is paramount....any options? or give it a miss?

Comment

I bought one of these and was gutted. The screen was curved, which was crazy seeing it was manufactured last decade. I got it for ?30, but you can't access the scart socket without a remote - and the remote cost me over ?50. Then when I finally got it working with my US SNES, the picture quality wasn't as good as a Sony Trinitron(which have had flat screens since the early-'90s).

So, my advice: Buy a Sony Trinitron. They are nearly all flat screen with a great image using RGB scart.

Comment

I have a 21" Sony Trinitron - pic is marvellous. My Hitachi 32" widesceen with deinterlacer was slightly better but was vast.

Comment

I would also suggest getting a Sony, i've gone through a few different B&O's and Sony's, and everytime the Sony has had superior picture quality. They're more plentiful and cheaper too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                      So, my advice: Buy a Sony Trinitron. They are nearly all flat screen with a great image using RGB scart.
                      I prefer a curved screen myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                        I bought one of these and was gutted. The screen was curved, which was crazy seeing it was manufactured last decade. I got it for ?30, but you can't access the scart socket without a remote - and the remote cost me over ?50. Then when I finally got it working with my US SNES, the picture quality wasn't as good as a Sony Trinitron(which have had flat screens since the early-'90s).

Good advice

The 14" screen on the kv-14 is abit small, but probably the next best thing to a broadcast monitor. Might suit your smaller space situation mate.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          I prefer a curved screen myself.
                          I can't stand curved screens, but that's just my taste. I prefer how games look on a flat screen. The first flat screen CRT I used was a Sony Trinitron my dad bought in 1988. After that, I bought my own Sony in 1992.

Comment

As far back as 88? Wow. Always had curved screens in my household so... I guess that's why.

Comment

I spoke to the seller that had the MX1500 on ebay. He agreed to shipping via courier. I won the TV yesterday, is out for delivery tomorrow with YODEL24. I got it quite cheap, so if it don't work out, I can pass it on. (I think the screen size is approx. 15")

Comment

Working...
                              X