Neo Geo CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo Geo CD

Been looking at getting one of these, had one donkey's years ago, can't remember if they are RGB. And heard that a megadrive one scart fits these. Any views?

The looooooooooaaaaaaaaaading times.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Lol Yeh, That never bothered me first time round.

Comment

RGB out the box mate, to answer the question. And the leads are slightly different, best to get a dedicated one.
        Last edited by Colin; 26-09-2015, 14:42.

Comment

You can also source some modded leads that offer a great output on a modern TV

I loved my Neo cd - there are some benefits like arranged music and a few wee extras here and there (turf masters extra course)

Some of the games like sonic wings the load times are negligible

Comment

Cheers guys, any modding of bios needed or switches for languages?

Comment

Never actually did that

But you can get a multi-region bios to switch the machine but most games come with multi language

Unsure if you know but if you buy a US/UK game it will run in full Japanese on a Japanese machine including the Japanese name (Street hoop/street slam/dunk dream, windjammer/flying power disc etc) and it does that on other region variants Japanese game will run in full English on a US/UK machine - exactly the same as the cartridge system

Also Japanese bios is the best to have just for the main fact is uncensored (red blood and mai's bouncyness)

Comment

It's a quick snip to turn a pal unit into a 60hz machine.

Great system, rumours of mad long load times are negligible, just avoid the KOF's beyond 94 and last blades.

Comment

How does that mod work then Base? Wish I'd known during the time I owned a PAL one years ago!

Comment

On an AES it is a very simple case of connecting one point to another, I'd assume it would be similar here - like on a Master System.

Comment

Are these worth picking up...I've never own any sort of Neo Geo console

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        How does that mod work then Base? Wish I'd known during the time I owned a PAL one years ago!
                        If was literally one snip of a connection - it did render the machine permanently NTSC-U or J but im sure it's easy to fit a switch for those with minimum skill. I lived with 50hz on mine for 10 years !!

This one mentions replacing resistors, but I just snipped one and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
                          Are these worth picking up...I've never own any sort of Neo Geo console
                          Yes the system is ace and the loading times are nowhere near as bad as some make out . The remixed soundtracks in the games are brilliant too .. Last Resort music is even better on the Neo CD

Comment

I have collected every Neo Geo CD games there was, around 100 or just over i think. i have a Neo Geo CDZ which is the double speed drive, but not quite that, its a great machine for short burst but does have a fan issue in most machines, having said that mine is fine and i have had it 3 years. but the normal Neo Geo CD was great had one as well a few years ago , i just prefer the look of the CDZ as its much smaller.

Comment

One thing, the Neo Geo CD/Z and even the cartridge consoles look like proper consoles. Like the PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, PSOne, N64, SNES... None of this PS2-air conditioner or Xbox One VHS recorder stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X