WedSNESday - Let's make it a community thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WedSNESday - Let's make it a community thing

As I've mentioned before, Nakamura and myself have been participating in WedSNESday for quite a long time now.
    Every Wednesday we catch up and play games in my game shed from 8pm until 11pm. It's great fun and was recently dubbed WedSNESday as I've recently starting picking up games for the system.

I think gaming with mates is great fun and it's far more satisfying then simply conversing online. It's obviously not suitable for everyone, but if you do have friends or family that are local, why not invite them around on a Wednesday night to play some games?

We'll post twitter links to the stupid things we get up to going forward. Hopefully others will do the same.

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    Every Wednesday we catch up and play games in my game shed
    ohh errr

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      ohh errr
      Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Comment

In the cold winter months we have been known to sit on the couch under a blanket.

Comment

It's fun!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            First level music in Axelay is pure nostalgia overload!

Comment

looks great lads; nice trinitron. 21"?

Comment

It certainly is. The shed is actually a bit of a mess at the moment due to it being swamped in board games (Martin's always going on at me).

Comment

I vaguely remember reading or seeing somewhere (maybe in RetroGamer mag) about your shed, from what I saw I would class that as a small out building, I always think of sheds as places you can just fit your lawn mower.
                  Last edited by HC_O; 09-02-2016, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by HC_O View Post
                    I vaguely remember reading or seeing somewhere (maybe in RetroGamer mag) about your shed, from what I saw I would class that as a small out building, I always think of sheds as places you can just fit your lawn mower.
                    Yeah it's technically a 8foot by 15foot shed that's been converted so it has insulation, electricity, and all those mod cons. When it's tidy it's pretty sweet. I use it to keep all my board games and videogames out of the house and it works as a place to do my freelance too. It's mainly for the games though :P

Comment

Years ago my best mate and I used to play Playstation games in his shed. He had a SNES set up in there too but gaming sessions mainly used to consist of Tekken 2 and link up Command and Conquer: Red Alert. Then one of us left a joint smouldering on the floor and the the whole thing went up in a blazing inferno. No one was hurt but I wasn't very popular with his parents for some time afterwards!

Comment

That's an amusing tale, [MENTION=7049]BigDeadFreak[/MENTION], but clicking the "Like" button would be condoning such reckless behaviour!

So what are we playing tonight?
                        I fancy something top-down like Jurassic Park.
                        Any suggestions?

Comment

I only have a Super Famicom. I'd be in though - got Mario Collection / All Stars just the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
                            Years ago my best mate and I used to play Playstation games in his shed. He had a SNES set up in there too but gaming sessions mainly used to consist of Tekken 2 and link up Command and Conquer: Red Alert. Then one of us left a joint smouldering on the floor and the the whole thing went up in a blazing inferno. No one was hurt but I wasn't very popular with his parents for some time afterwards!
                            Haha you plebs!

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] Jurassic Park might be a good shout. Cannon Fodder 2.
                              Chaos Engine is sweet, but it needs two players ideally.

Oh and Mart, don't forget to bring Actraiser 2 around tonight!

Comment

Working...
                              X