Any WinKawaks players here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any WinKawaks players here?

I'm waiting for my DC-to-USB controller convertor to arrive before I attempt to play anyone at a 1-on-1 fighter, although I'm up for co-op 1944, Final Fight, Puzzle Fighter etc. etc. if anyone's interested.

Drop me a PM.

I stopped using WinKawaks when the author said he was going to stop working on it.

However, I regularly get on Kailerra with Final Burn Alpha if you can use that.

Also, don't those DC-USB adaptors only allow you to use four buttons?

Comment

Honestly,

I've just had a real session here!

3:30pm Friday until 9:35pm Saturday! Constant WinKawaks! I can't remember the last time I spent 30 hours on a game SOLID! I don't think I ever have!!

This is a first!

It all felt like a couple of hours or something.

Now I need a decent PC for home again along with a good connection. Holy **** I can't wait until that convertor comes through!

I've been doing OK with the keyboard actually. Managed a couple of SPDs here and there on SSFIIX although nothing really competent. Been playing (and winning lots! ) on Super Puzzle Fighter. The keyboard doesn't really get in the way with that.

C' = I hope you're wrong about the 4-button thing, I really do. Anyway around it if it is?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
        Honestly,

I've just had a real session here!

3:30pm Friday until 9:35pm Saturday! Constant WinKawaks! I can't remember the last time I spent 30 hours on a game SOLID! I don't think I ever have!!

This is a first!

It all felt like a couple of hours or something.

Now I need a decent PC for home again along with a good connection. Holy **** I can't wait until that convertor comes through!

I've been doing OK with the keyboard actually. Managed a couple of SPDs here and there on SSFIIX although nothing really competent. Been playing (and winning lots! ) on Super Puzzle Fighter. The keyboard doesn't really get in the way with that.

C' = I hope you're wrong about the 4-button thing, I really do. Anyway around it if it is?
        Don't think there's anyway around it really, mate. i'm probably going to get one of the PS-PC adaptors instead and use my Namco stick.

but seriously bud, how do you manage to stay up and play solidly for 30 hours. That's just inhuman. Get some sleep FFS

Comment

I'm still here...

Comment

I'm still here...
            You're clearly some kind of Street Fighter playing alien

Anyway, what servers do you play on. I'll try and get Kawaks running and get online.

Comment

Usually go to the Leeds one (Wireplay Retro Gaming).

Getting more used to the keyboard!

Is it possible to map special moves to shortcuts on the keyboard ala. EO?

Still here..

Comment

That's it - I'm spent...

Comment

The new PC magic box (dc/saturn/ps -> pc usb) allows the use of all 6 buttons on a DC stick, chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                    The new PC magic box (dc/saturn/ps -> pc usb) allows the use of all 6 buttons on a DC stick, chaps.
                    See. My knowledge of these joypad adaptors is way out of date. You should should be fine then David

Comment

what is this?

I love puzzle fighter and to play it online would rock! Were i get it and the games?

Comment

WinKawaks is an emulator. IIRC, it emulates the Capcom CPS-1 (Final Fight, Street Fighter 2 up to Turbo etc), Capcom CPS-2 (Capcom's most famous fighters including Street Fighter Alpha, Vampire series, and Marvel games etc.) and Neo Geo hardware.

However, there is a little doohicky including the emulator (several emulators in fact) called Kailerra that enables these games to be played over the Net. Obviously you need the main emulator program (get Kawaks from http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/ ) and the roms (I can't reveal where to get those). You also need a pretty fast Internet connection for the games to run smoothly

Comment

Just got my 3-in-1 Joybox today.

All 6 buttons on my stick work fine, I've also tried it with a PSOne pad and a Saturn pad. It's lovely.

Been having some damn good SSFIIX matches with Phillai online. If anyone fancies a roasting on SFZ3 just give me a shout. 8)

Comment

Just got my 3-in-1 Joybox today.
                            Where from?

Comment

Anyone want a Super Street Fighter II Turbo challenge sometime?
                              I wasted Mr Fellows quite easily at that game! MUHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X