Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Import question (Gamecube)

Hi!
    I've been scanning the board pretty thoroughly now and found answers to most of my questions concerning importing a US Gamecube.
    However, I've still got a couple of questions.

Here in Sweden there aren't many stores supplying stepdown converters, but there's a store nearby that has an AC Adapter that i figured would work.
    Take a look: http://www.yeees.com/acc/Gamecube/Gamecube0017.html

1. What do you think? Will I be OK with this one?

2. I'm gonna import a GC from the US when I go there later this spring and then carry it home with me as hand luggage. What are the odds that I'll have to pay duty on it?

3. What is the second best choice (I can't afford one of those expensive NTSC RGB cables) when it comes to cables-->TV?

4. If I later on wanna play PAL games using the Freeloader, do I have to use another cable in order for them to work properly?

Any response would be highly appreciated!

Regards, David.

1, Looks like it should work, but best wait until someone else confirms they use an NTSC GameCube with a PAL GC power supply.

If you could get a Nintendo branded one instead it would probably be more reliable. Safest of course would be to track down a stepdown power supply... maybe goblin direct or vgi would ship to Sweden? You'd only have to swap the mains plug on it.

2, Depends whether you declare it or not I guess. Don't know much about Swedish customs

3, An s-video cable is second best after RGB.

4, For 50Hz games you would probably need an RGB scart cable, unless you have an unusual tv that can display NTSC at 50Hz in color.

Good luck

Comment

You'll be fine with that adapter, I'm from Sweden and I use it myself. But what you can't get from yeees or Lik-Sang is a Universal Travel Power Plug for the Swedish power plug wall socket, this you'll have to get from ?Teknikmagazinet? or similar shops.

Comment

I brought a Gamecube From usa to heathrow airport and then through to manchester airport and it was fine. Considering the amount of people that bring 100's of pounds worth of stuff to sell, just bringing back a GC and a few games for yourself isnt a big deal...

Comment

Working...
        X