Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goblin have stopped doing Special Delivery????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goblin have stopped doing Special Delivery????

Tried to order Zelda via their website on Tues morning and wasn't given the option of special delivery?? Howcome? It means I had to order using first class recorded delivery and consequently the game still hasn't arrived. I wanted some quality time seeing as I was forced to take unused holidays from tues onwards..lucky me I hear you say.

Anyway, bit annoying this. Anyone know why I can't get guaranteed next day from them? I'd mail them, but well, you know how that can be.

slightly o/t but I just made my first ever order from them (Dodonpachi Daioujou) I have to say its a bit cheeky debiting me for the full amount 2 weeks before they even get the game themselves!

Comment

I don't want this to turn into somekind of slagging off Goblin thread. because they ARE one of the cheapest places I know. In their defence, you are told before you order that money is taken straightaway. However, the upside of that should be, that we are kept informed of orders. I checked out their tracking page and my order shows as being in progress - which shouldn't be the case 2 days after I ordered the game, seeig as it shows as being in stock. It's a shame, because a few simple steps to keep customers infromed would make them THE best place to deal with in the U.K

I'm not panicking just yet, tomorrow is by far the latest I expect it to arrive. If it doesn't I will be less than pleased.

Comment

They'll be improving customer service dramatically when they take on some more staff. They're also changing their service so the money won't be debited until the order dispatches.

Comment

With Goblins new accounts system there is no way at the moment to filter Special/Recorded delivery so until this is sorted they are only sending items recorded delivery

they are working on a solution to this though

camps

Comment

I find they never respond to emails asking about what's happened to an order. I order Primal for the Us Ps2 a few weeks ago, it had a 2-5 day delivery time but has never been sent. Also, I ordered Freeloader for the Gamecube sometime last year and this has also never been sent, despite it apparently now being available, though I'm not sure of this as you never see it in shops.

Brian

Comment

they have a phone number on their site which you can use to contact them

camps

Comment

Originally posted by bpshanks
                I find they never respond to emails asking about what's happened to an order. I order Primal for the Us Ps2 a few weeks ago, it had a 2-5 day delivery time but has never been sent. Also, I ordered Freeloader for the Gamecube sometime last year and this has also never been sent, despite it apparently now being available, though I'm not sure of this as you never see it in shops.

Brian
                I trust you have received a refund by now? I think I'd be kicking and screaming if I hadn't heard word or got my money back.

Actually, they do seem to be getting a little better. I mailed them and they said my game had been despatched. however they failed to say which day it was despatched! They could mean it was despatched this morning. (it was ordered Tues)God I hate it when I'm eager to play a new game. Impatience get's the better of me.

It's a shame they can't do special delivery at the moment as recorded can be very flakey. It takes ages to get things sorted if anything goes missing courtesy of the Post Office, and in the meantime the seller sits on your cash.

Hopefully as part of their upgrades they will be able to send confirmation mails for any orders. Thatll be a big step I think

Comment

I ordered zelda from their site tuesday arrived today Thursday.
                  They have a new e-mail system in place so it would seem as they replied to a question about my order within an hour.The only problems I've had with them was the zelda bonus disc fiasco and that was because of Nintendo U.S.

Comment

My copy arrived this morning. Regular post had arrived with no sign of it, then a special postie arrived with it. The Post Office had lost the litle cards they ask you to sign with the parcels so it was delayed. Damned Royal Mail.

Have to say, Goblin's customer services were great. Answered my mails promptly and were extremely helpful when I spoke to them on the phone. In fact the game arrived mid-conversation with them, which was quite amusing. It's great to see such a big improvment with them. Coupled with such cheap prices makes them pretty unbeatable now.

Nice one.

Comment

I've sent them at least 2 emails by now and they've never replied to them.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                      X