Soul Calibur 2 GC with *those* pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soul Calibur 2 GC with *those* pads?

I was thinking if importing a GC copy of Soul Calibur 2, but those pads just aren't going to do the job are they? Has a decent stick been released yet? Also, is the mission mode playable without being able to read Japanese?

Jay

There is an official stick

Comment

It's very good quality, too, and is also excellent for Ikaruga. However, I'm having trouble with the Weapon Master mode, as I have no Japanese.

Comment

IMO i say go for the controller. The GC pad is more comfortable and the button layout is much nicer in SC2 then it was on the DC pad for SC. Everything is just spot on and easy to get to. I also use the D-Pad, that too i think is just right...

Obviously I can understand how it may be a problem if you have very large hands, but then i mean very large. If you are the type of gamer who doesn't button-mash i cannot see how u would find the pad a problem...

Of course, this is just my opinion. I find it difficult to see how others find the pad a problem, as I myself do not. Have you tired any other fighters for the GC, such as Bloody Roar or MK DA? If you found them okay, there should be no problem with SC2. In actually fact, it's button layout is even nicer then those fighters…
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I have extremely small hands yet that d-pad makes even Sonic a challenge.

Get the stick. It's very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
            I have extremely small hands yet that d-pad makes even Sonic a challenge.

Get the stick. It's very good.
            That D-Pad is chronic, much of that down to its placement.
            That's what happens when customer out cry had them add one at the last minute, they'd have been better off just leaving it out instead of going half assed and rushed like they did.

Comment

The stick is lovely - I have one (but not the game) & the quality is excellent

Comment

The only fighter I've played on GC is Capcom v SNK which was awful thanks to a) The EO system and b) the GC pads. Think Ill go for a stick.

Jay

Comment

I get by on Bloody Roar Extreme with the GC pad using the analog and have NO problem with the face buttons. But I will admit I don't use the D Pad. I slip off of it. The analog stick does an ok but not great job.

I will be getting the above stick as I can imagine it will be great for me on Ikaruga, SC2, BR Extreme, and future games like Naruto, and so forth.

Comment

Can someone tell me though can you change the card on the stick? What are the 2 yellow buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                      Can someone tell me though can you change the card on the stick? What are the 2 yellow buttons?
                      What do you mean by 'card'?

Comment

Try

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Comment

The Gamecube pad is absolutely useless for beat em ups I agree.

I had the pleasure of using the Gamecube Soul Calibur sticks recently and they are gorgeous. They are a very good investment as they are classic 6 button sticks that'll be good for all Beat em ups and shoot em ups.

Sharkattack man - how the hell are you playing Bloody Roar on an analogue stick? <>> motions are impossible! Let alone taps buffering into supers!

Comment

I've never had so many pads for a single console, I've got 4 standard pads, a wavebird, and I might get a Hori pad and a stick, its like a wire nightmare, cept the WaveBird, mmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                              I've never had so many pads for a single console, I've got 4 standard pads, a wavebird, and I might get a Hori pad and a stick, its like a wire nightmare, cept the WaveBird, mmmmmmm.
                              I hear you man. I have 4 PS2 pads, 2 Tatacons and 2 Hori Sticks

Comment

Working...
                              X