Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Any one actually got it??

Big FF7 fan, and this looks too good to be true, is it??

It is a good game. Very pretty although the opening hour or so is very dire.
    It gets better and is good fun when you get into it.
    Its nothing like FF7 though.

Comment

Final Fantasy Tictacs sounds like a sweet game.

Thankyou. 8)

Comment

One thing that will massively aid your enjoyment of the game:

Its 'start' to view the stat changes the current item will cause when equipped, not 'r' like it says in the manual.

Comment

Surprised there hasn't been more on this game posted on this forum (perhaps my search didn't throw up the relevant threads, if so excuse me) I got this about a week ago and have been playing it like mad. I'm on my third game now (first one trial run, second one advanced trial run) I'm getting it right this time. I'm loving every minute of it. I'm getting really interested in Digaea as well now... shame I don't have a us-ps2.

Some questions: Do you keep a core party of six, or develop all clanmembers equally (to help deal with dispatch missions) What on earth do you do with the moogle? Black mage-time mage or summat else?

Thanks,
          Marv
          Clan Crimson

Comment

I have about 9 core members and the rest i just sit there although i regularly get rid of the lowest level guys so i can get new characters. Some characters I have real problems trying to keep on level terms with the rest. My main character and Montblanc are always a couple of levels ahead too. My next 7 chars are usually within a couple of levels of each other and all the rest i dont use are a further couple of levels behind. There are a few special characters that can be got that are higher level than usual and have some abilities already learnt which are very handy to get.

Make moogles into jugglers and learn smile - its too powerful really. Also gunners and mog knights are quite good but watch out for friendly fire with gunners.

I'm over 40hrs in and have only completed about 115 missions of 300 although i am being really cautious as i am trying to get all the really rare items, characters and complete every mission.

After a certain point in the game linking becomes a really good idea especially if you have loads of money to spare as i always do.

My only problem with the game is the fact it takes so long to start a new game - anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes depending on how much i concentrate on it. I think the intro is a tiny bit shorter after the first time but its hardly noticeable.

Comment

Really enjoying this game. Took a while to get into at first but now im hooked. I'm about 40 hours in at the moment. It has that one more mission before I quit quality, which is depriving me of sleep at the moment.

Some of the abillities you can get are really cool, managed to use my beastmaster to great effect last night. Nothing beats taking control of the biggest monster in the battle and smacking about the smaller ones. Putting an opposing clan to sleep with animists and stealing all thier items is also pretty fun.

Anyone know what use capturing monsters is? I know you can visit the ones you've captured, but can you actually use them in battles?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                Final Fantasy Tictacs sounds like a sweet game.

Thankyou. 8)
                It's a sad indictment of me, but that appeals to my sense of humour greatly.

Comment

I believe capturing monsters allows morphers to change into them - however as I have not been able to catch a monster I am not completely sure.

I have a hunter who has learnt the ability capture but every time i try it, it says it has 0% chance of success - even when the monster is down to 1 health - does the monster need to be asleep to capture it?

Comment

I think Blue mages can learn abilities from monsters and Morphers can indeed morph into creatures that have been captured. There are elaborate guides on both subjects on gamefaqs.com.

It's funny really, when I started the third time I thought I had it sorted: main char: soldier(->fighter), moogle: black mage, other human: soldier(->paladin) nu Mou:white mage, bangaa: white monk, viera: archer.... get to the bit where I get my clanmembers and thats exactly what they are when you start the game

Last time I tried to diversify into what I thought were the best jobs.. I ended up with a bunch of mismatched skills and un-focussed characters. I'll get it this time though, going well at the moment .

Comment

*Firsty uses Phoenix Down on thread*
                      I got this a week or two ago and was struggling a bit, but it all just CLICKED last night.

Why is there not more talk about this? It's so great!!!

I have a question. I have 2 human soldiers, of course. I got a sword that says it can be used by human soldier. But it won't equip. ANyone know why? Ta!

Comment

This game is very addictive. Even when I began to absolutely despise it due to its repetitive and easy nature I kept going and finally did all 300 missions in 111 hours. I sold it straight away to stop myself replaying it as it had been welded into my SP for 2 months.

Comment

This is a sweet game. I loved this when I played it.

Not enough to do 300 missions, but almost 200 and beating the final boss.

This game is good, very good. But not quite what I'm looking for! I need a new full on Final Fantasy RPG similar to FF6!

Comment

Hey Firsty, does the soldier you want to give the sword to have a shield equipped? If so that may be why he cannot use it. Some of those swords are two handed.

Comment

how do u capture monsters?

Comment

Working...
                              X