Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modded saturn Ram Card Query

Evening fellow forumites,

Recently purchased a modchipped saturn (PAL unit) and a nice sealed copy of marvel superheroes vs capcom from VGI, but the damn game refuses to load despite the RAM cart being firmly placed in the slot.

Any ideas?

The ram cart has played xmen vs streetfighter and metal slug but its a very hit and miss affair and as yet i have not played MSHVSSF because of this..

Dodgy cart? (getting another one next week anyway)
    Dodgy cart Port?
    Dodgy mod?

If any of the experienced modders in here can help or at least suggest something then it would help to see if i can get it working before my other ram cart arrives...

Cheers in advance...

Very common problem - cheap contacts used by Sega in the cart port

Run a cotton bud across the cart contacts - very suprising how much dirt can be found on them - this will make all the difference - blowing will not get the dirt off.

Push the cart in fully then pull it out slightly.

That should work!

Comment

do you mean push the cotton bud right in to where to cart contacts? or just along the outside?

Sorry to sound dense

Comment

I cleaned my Megadrive and Saturn with a cotton bud dipped in some Meths (make sure the bud is not drenched though ).

Yes you need to actually wipe the contacts inside the machine, also worth cleaning the contacts on the RAM cart you are using.

Failing that, open your saturn up and wipe away those years of dust and grime. Your Saturn will love you for it.

Comment

This thing gets odder and odder, i cleaned the cart slot as directed even going so far as to take the case off and do it.

Games that require the RAM cart such as Metal slug and Sam Sho 4 work perfectly fine.

I have XMVSSF which also needs the 4 meg cart and that runs fine (despite being an evaluation version that shouldn't make a difference?)
          If i remove the cart XMVSSF says please put it in
          When i do the game boots fine.
          Cotton 2 which uses it says extra ram found in the top left hand corner of the screen.
          Only so far MSHVSSF dos not boot past the jap writing with 4M in blue

So confused

Any ideas?

Comment

what i do is not push the cart fully down - you have to find the right 'balance' for the cart in the slot (hard to explain in text -sorry)

i have it so that it slightly 'wobbles' when i touch it - it accepts every game in this method

ps mine is an action replay/4mb ram cart - best one of the lot -- all my 1mb and 4mb ram carts i keep in the boxes with the games they came with

camps

Comment

Working...
            X