Fliptop Ps2 case knackered my ps2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fliptop Ps2 case knackered my ps2

I finnaly got my new Fliptop ps2 case home last night, carefully opened the Ps2 and removed the white insert from inside the drive unit.
    Fitted it into the new lid, and carfully screwed it all back together.

This is when everything went wrong....
    When the power is switched back on and a disk is inserted, it started to make the most horrible noise, sounded like the disc was trying to spin but was catching.
    Everything was removed, and started from scratch. I refitted the white disc back itto the lid....now the disc spins.... but nothing happen's.... the ps2 just sits on the startup screen......

Has any one any ideas.........

I've got the flip-lid and mine works fine. When I first fitted it mine made a racket when I tried it but there are mainly two rules that nearly always sort this out:

1-Have your PS2 placed horizontally. The disc has trouble staying in place if your PS2 is stood vertically.

2-Make sure that the disc is underneath the lip on the CD drive that keeps the discs in when the PS2 is vertical. When you put your disc in give it a spin first to make sure.

As for now, have you checked to make sure you didn't catch the lens?

Comment

I went through and checked everything again and again.....
      I surpose i will have to look at the lens and the drive unit, it could have been damaged when it was making the noise......If so i'll just buy a new moded ps2

Comment

Mines Ok...just have to make sure the wire for the power & eject buttons is out of the way. Perahps thats catching on the disc?
        Either that or the Cds not in right, as crazytaxinext said.
        I put them in left side first, so its under the little lip thingy
        Hope you sort it

Comment

Working...
        X