Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nintendo style screwbit 4.5mm - can you get it on maplins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo style screwbit 4.5mm - can you get it on maplins?

Looking for the screwbit that lets you open the N64. Lik-sang call it the gamebit 4.5mm. Can you get it from maplin.co.uk ? Wasn't sure what I was looking for. Please can someone find me a link if they do?
    Alternatively, is anyone prepared to post me one to borrow for a couple of days?
    Many thanks
    Charlesr
    NTSC Staff Writer

Hiya

AFAIK, Maplins don' t sell them, PM me and I'll lend you mine, unless you have sorted one out.

Ten

P.S. Is it for opening up a Cube/N64?

Comment

Originally posted by Ten
      Hiya

AFAIK, Maplins don' t sell them, PM me and I'll lend you mine, unless you have sorted one out.

Ten

P.S. Is it for opening up a Cube/N64?
      You could make a nice little sideline out of this dude.
      After you loaned me one for a couple of weeks.

Comment

I think you can get them at: www.videogameimports.com They are based in the UK.

Comment

i think u can get them on rswww.com but i've forgotten which one it is

Comment

I think you can get them at www.consoleking.com as well. Also based in the UK.

Comment

Maplin have never sold them, but RS do. I got mine from an RS warehouse outlet.

Comment

I made my own screwdriver for the Snes/N64.

I'd show you a pic but I don't have a digi camera.

Basically I took an ordinary one, ground it down quite to a thin taper, then filed out the centre so it fitted over the protruding head of the screw and the edges fitted into opposite cutouts of the screw.

You'll need access to a workshop of some sort though.

Comment

Thanks for all the offers and tips peeps (being sent one soon).
                  If their was anything I learnt in my short time as an engineer, it was "right tool for the job".

Comment

Working...
                  X