Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLAZE VGA ADAPTOR FOR PLAYSTATION 2

hi,

does anyone have this adapter for the Ps2?

there are 3 versions of this adapter, US for US Ps2, Pal for Pal PS2 and Jap for Japanese Ps2.

i would like to hear from anyone who have tried this adapter particularly with the US version on US Ps2.

in my experience, the adapter does display clear pictures on compatible games. but Blaze have no website to support this adapter with new games coming. codes can be used to to make game compatible. does anyone found any website that provide codes?

finally, on a Us version, the picture repeates on the right hand side. i cannot get rid of it even using my monitor functions. please if anyone has any info on this, please let me know...

thanks!

Hi,

I don't have the vga adaptor, but I'm very interested in getting one. I have a pal ps2.

Could you explain how the boot disk works? Do you need to use the boot disk for games that support progressive scan (like Tekken 4)? Do the codes you mention work with the boot disk, or do you need something like an Action Replay as well?

Do the famous anti aliasing problems disappear with the vga adaptor?

What amount of games are supported?

What do you mean by the picture repeating - do you mean there is a border that duplicates some of the picture in it? Couldn't you just stretch the picture on your monitor a bit? Does it overlap some of the game screen?

I know that on my DC vga adaptor and hacked GC VGA cable, many games have largish borders on them, so I end up resizing the screen to get rid of them.

Thanks,

Papercut.

Comment

hi,

the boot disk allows you to choose the games that you want to play. for games that are not on the list you can input a code for a particular game which is provided by Blaze(though i have not seen any of these on the net).

i am not sure about the progressive scan on tekken 4 but it does provide an option of turning on the progressive scan if you have a progressive scan compatible game.

on the anti-aliasing side, well you can still see the jaggies on this adapter but i would say that is the same as the DC vga where jaggies are noticeable. but the picture is much brighter, colourful and rich.

there are games on the boot disk to choose from. i would say these are games that came out from 6months to 2nd year of the life od ps2. newer games are of course not yet available, and this is where the codes should come in, but i have never seen any on Blaze websites or any other.

as for the repeat, you cannot get rid of it. i have used the US version adapter on my US ps2 and the repeat is annoying. if there is no repeat, i would have no problem at all. all i have to do is use my monitor functions to solve the problem. with the repeat, the picture cannot i can see 3/4 of the game in one screen then 1/4 of the game on the other. playing FFX on it shows that particular problem, and when an FMV is played, the repeat disappears. it take the whole screen and without the repeat on the right. you get a 4/4 picture.

i am not sure if this is the same on the pal version, but i don't really know. that is why i am here in the forum to ask anyone who have used a us version of this adapter on a us ps2.

Comment

Cheers for the info!

I've only seen one for sale at Game, and that went pretty fast. If I see another I might well pick it up. Where did you buy yours from?

Comment

you can try, uk.special.reserve.co.uk, blaze-gear.com, play-asia.com

try out eBay.co.uk as well

let me know how it works on UK PS2.

Comment

Working...
          X