Dreamcast PSO servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast PSO servers?

A bit late as usual, but in the previous Edge (the luminous orange Sega cover), it mentions that the Dreamcast PSO servers are to be shutdown. Anyone got any more info on this?

When?

I'd like one more jaunt through PSO before it goes - or is it too dangerous with all the PK'ers?

Gunrock

I heard that too... no idea when though but got the impression that it would be before the end of the year..

If you have all the stuff then why not logon and take a look?
    I logged on a couple of months ago just for a laugh (been playing the GC version since) doesn't seem to be too much problem with PK'ers and if the servers are gonna go down then it doesn't REALLY matter if you lpose your character now does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sdub
      ...and if the servers are gonna go down then it doesn't REALLY matter if you lpose your character now does it?
      And what of the sentimental value of the hours I've put into building up my character stats?

I get your point, but it'd be a sad day to lose my character and the memories of chopping stuff up with Koko, Ronnie et al.

Sniff...

Comment

I still maintain that between it's PAL launch in February 2001 and the following Christmas, it was the best game ever.

... Ryoko! white pony, amy, sTALKer, Gen ...

Beautiful.

R.I.P.

Comment

**** it, we should have one of those monumental WW2 memorial plaques with all the names of those who gave their lives for Red Ring Rico.

Lest we forget.

Comment

And what has her ring so red?
            Dirty bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
              Sept 30th. This year. It was a very sad event...

At one point some of the game servers were still up, but the lobbies were inaccessible. Once you left the game, you couldn't get back in.

Comment

The japanese and european servers are still up and running.

The only serve that has been taken down is the US one. Due to the mass amount of complete idiots it used to have.

I know about it, beucase i'm on the Jp server now, under the name of Ikaruga.

Comment

I remember the rllmuk guys having a last game when the servers went down...

Which DC version are you playing?

Comment

Yeah the Rllmuk guys had that game, but it was funny, becuase the day after they realised the jp and eu servers were running as normal.

As I said, they're still up, and will be for some time I believe. Give it a year.

Comment

I'll have to give it another go then

Comment

Working...
                      X