New PS2's and Mod chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PS2's and Mod chips

Now that the new colours have been released (Aqua, Silver and Sakura) is there any known problems in getting one modded...eg has the Main board been altered in anyway.???

Haha the resounding answer is YES - ask Saurian!!

The new colours are the new V8's which cant be modded with all recent versions of the chips. However, the Saur man reliably informs me that the new Messiah version has been released, so I should be soon enjoying a souped up aqua machine!

Comment

you should be fine as the messiah 2 has that auto configuration built in so it'll work on any ps2

Comment

There is a V8 Messiah2 guide here:

It looks like they've moved the DVD controller chip, or integrated it into another chip.

The Messiah2 can auto-configure itself to work with any PS2 so far - that doesn't mean it will work with all PS2s in the future, though it might.

ThoseOfTheUnlight - do you mean there are two V8 models about, and the newer one won't work with the Messiah2?

Comment

The Messiah 2 v1.30 works on the v8s. I believe they are in production now.

Comment

Absolutely right - any messiah older than firmware 1.30 won't work on a V8 - the foolproof way to spot a V8 is the GH-022 motherboard / 090 range BIOS chip. The limited edition colour ones are V8.

Comment

Yep, its a pain in the ass alright.
              I think the new version is out now though, so it can be modded successfully. Kudos to Saurian, if I was in his position I would have thrown my machine through the window!

Comment

It aint me - it's Will2003 who is The One!

Comment

Reading about it, I thought pre-v1.30 Messiah2s worked with V8 machines fine apart from DVD-R rips?

Comment

Its all getting very confusing

Comment

Argh !!!!!!

I just wanna buy a new colour ps2 and have it modded ......
                      Beginning to sound like a massive faff.....

Comment

Why?

There is no hassle regarding it - the new revision is now available. Contact will2003 or look on his thread is this section.

You have an expert on this forum yet nobody uses his thread. Will has already sucessfully modded a LTD edition Silver machine for Tokuda and that works perfectly.

Comment

Furthermore if you guys want to order Japanese machines from Tokuda and also want them modded. Why not have it send via myself/Will? - Tokuda/Will/Myself all know eachother so communication is no problem.

Comment

Which is exactly what i'll be doing as soon as Tok manages to get hold of the Ltd Edition Silver PS2 for me

***Crosses Fingers***

Comment

Keep em crossed for a long time then buddy, as they are completely sold out was my first choice too, but it came down to aqua in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X