Xbox Live Update Compulsory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live Update Compulsory

Just fired up Top Spin for my daily ass kicking on Live and i was greeted by an update message. I thought ah i cant be bothered and left it. When i tried again i couldnt connect without downloading the update.

Meh.

I think this is for XSNSports network.

Comment

how long did it take to update?

Comment

When was this when i played earlier, it was just a normal updating the live system thing, only took about 10 seconds or so.

Comment

Roost is right.
          Just done the download and its about 10/20 seconds long.

Comment

10 seconds!!!!

and this messed up a quick session on Live?

i think someone is making Mr Molehill into Mrs Mountain

Comment

Would that be a small penis/bbw fetish director?

Comment

Originally posted by camps
                10 seconds!!!!

and this messed up a quick session on Live?

I left it to download and came on here instead. Didnt bother with the quick session i had intended on doing so i didnt know how long it took just that it messed up my plans

Comment

Yup took all of 10 seconds for me... no problems.

Comment

Does this update always work or is it notoriously ****ty?
                    I've turned live on for the 1st time in ages and this download won't work, it says try again later.

I know my Xbox live is working as I can play PGR2 on live, the problem is some games wont let me play on live 'til I get this update.
                    Any hints or tips for this?

Comment

Best tip is to just keep trying, and try at different times of the day too.

Comment

Anyone know what it updates? I know Live Ver 3 is coming soon, and to say I'm slightly worried it'll have better modchip-checking methods is an understatement...

Comment

It's working now, however why it downloaded I don't know.

I connect to Live and the internet through my mac and a wireless unit called Airport. When Airport was on, the content wouldn't download.
                          However, I turned airport off, so it had no signal, and the content downloaded in 10 seconds.
                          The thing is that without airport on there isn't any broadband access to my computer.

How did it download without any broadband? I have absolutely no idea.

As for what it's downloaded, it just appears to have cleaned the dashboard interface up and made it easier to see friends online etc. It now has the aesthetics of the Xbox live web page. Fantastic
                          As for anti-chip measures, dunno, my PAL brick aint modded.

Comment

Originally posted by bowser123
                            How did it download without any broadband? I have absolutely no idea.

Have you scanned for other wireless networks, ie has your neighbour got wireless too with dhcp ???

maybe when you disconnected you jumped onto another network ?

Comment

Working...
                            X