1080 Gamecube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1080 Gamecube

Can't believe it, PAL gamers have this 1st!
    Out this Friday, or possibly even tomorrow I reckon as all the release dates of the games are being broken.

Haven't played it much, only about a 20 minute go on my dinner at work as I didn't even know we had stock of it.
    It looks lush but it seems a little fiddly at the moment, but that is probably just me being a bit ****!

Currently down for the 1st of December in The States and Japan doesn't even have a confirmed date.

What's going on? Nintendo taking Europe seriously with this and the early release of Mario Kart: DD?

I heard the first mode is more like a tuition, the 3 after that are when the game (and your ability at the controls) should really gel.

Comment

Mario's in it. Kind of...

Comment

How cool is that! I bet you can knock those people off that are working on it 8)

Comment

LOL that screen looks like the n64 version :|

Comment

Watch the film and say it again

It?s the trailer in good quality (32MB).

Comment

It was just the bland scenery and stuff of that one particular shot

VERY nice movie. Finally some nice music.

Comment

It was just the bland scenery and stuff of that one particular shot
                Okay, this time you got away with it

Comment

Looking forward to this a lot as I loved the N64 version.What with this and XIII out on Friday it is going to pain me to leave them on Saturday when I leave for Amsterdam!

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
                    If it plays just like the N64 version too then its got a sale here...

Comment

Here's the ntsc-uk challenge thread for the original 1080, so when the new one's out, post in that and I'll convert it to the 1080A times thread.

Bowser, please post some more comments. When you said it's a bit fiddly, do you mean like the first one?

Comment

Tried to go back to the original game.....

I beat my Half Pipe high score first try! I just realised that I was ****, I am ****; but hopefully with Avalanche I'll get better

(PS-could anyone ever actually do a 1080 )

Comment

Originally posted by Oh! My Car!
                          (PS-could anyone ever actually do a 1080 )
                          Yep - did three in a row once. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                            Here's the ntsc-uk challenge thread for the original 1080, so when the new one's out, post in that and I'll convert it to the 1080A times thread.

Bowser, please post some more comments. When you said it's a bit fiddly, do you mean like the first one?
                            From what i have read Mr C, the controlling is something similar to Wave Race: Blue Storm. By that i don?t actually mean the control mechanisms of course, but how at first the task of controlling the characters seems a little daunting, yet over some practice and fine tuning, it becomes second nature and feels absolutely perfect. U just gotta give it the time it needs....

Thats how i interrupted anyhow...
                            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I have literally only played it for like 20 minutes at work.
                              I do intend to play it more tomorrow but how Adam summed it up is what I was on about.

It is very pretty though and the screen shot does it no justice, wait till its moving and people will see how lush and smooth it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X