South Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Park

How do they do it? Its well into the 7th series, and its still as sharp, funny and downright brilliant as ever. I thought that after all these years it would either of lost its way, be finished or Id simply of gotton tired of it but when it still produces classic episodes like the below its no surprise to see the show still going strong. I wonder how long Matt and Tre will decide to keep it rolling, on current showings I hope as long as possible.

South Park Is Gay

Queer Eye for the Straight guy has turned all the men in South Park into Metrosexuals, men who arent gay but act like they are. Cue hilarious scenes with My Garrison trying to get various men to come home with him for a "good time" with him and Mr Slave, and not understanding his brush off because the men arent really gay, just acting. The guys take over the shopping malls looking for the latest designer fashions, pissing the women off which is where things start going badly wrong. Seeing the kids turn metreosexual is so funny.

Fat Butt And Pancake Head

One of the all time classics, so amusing I was almost crying! Its Latino week in SP, where the kids put on a show to celebrate Latino culture. Stan thinks hes onto a winner with his brilliant presentation, until Cartman turns up with none other than.... Jennifer Lopez! Well, almost, more a crudly drawn face on a hand that he mimes along to and calls J-Lo. Not content with winning the competition Cartman takes J-Lo shopping and there she sees a recording booth and records her own song Taco Flavoured Kisses - this gets picked up on by the music industry bigwigs, and Jennifer Lopez is on her (its, whatever) way to stardom.. of course there isnt room on this planet for two J-Los, and so one of them has to go... A brilliant episode, just watch it!

"oh si si si he so handsome"

that episode is the best!

Another of my favs is when they find out earth is nothing more than a reality tv show for the rest of the universe. its the first show where they put species from all different planets (such as jews, zebras, asians etc) and put them all together on the same planet...and you never know it might be true.

I agree on what you said. Its been 7 series, over 100 episodes and its still as funny and controversial as it ever was.

Also I watched a feature about southpark on vh1 the other day. Didnt realise it only takes about 5 days to make an episode compared to the simpsons which takes nearly a year.

Phil.

Comment

That episode was Cancelled, another great one

Have you seen the latest - where Cartman desperatly wants to go to Casa Bonita - his favourite place in the whole world - Kyles birthday is coming up and for a present his mother gives him tickets for him to take three friends along there. Unfortunatly for Cartman, he decided to take Butters as Cartman is always such an asshole to him (Cartman to Kyle - "When have I ever made fun of you for being a Jew?"). This pisses Cartman off, who decides to kidnap Butters by hiding him away, telling him that a metiroite has hit Earth and wiped out the whole world, which has been overrun by zombies, just so he can go instead. Freindship and loyalty at their most cruellest here, its actually quite hard to watch as Butters gets taken more and more in becuase of his extreme gullable nature.

Comment

I downloaded the South Park is Gay on kazaa, and nothing will bloody play the avi file, divx player just says it isn't a valid avi file

Comment

Maybe you need the XVid codec. Right click/Properties on the file, it may well tell you the codec you need there. Its a great episode btw, and very topical

Comment

If you guys want the latest SP episodes, I suggest you go to www.lando.co.uk

They only have the latest 2 episodes up at a time, but they get them real fast after the US airing, and the d/l speeds are really good.

Comment

I'm getting Sky installed today...or Friday (don't ask), so which channel and when is South Park on?

And also, why did they only release up to series 4 on DVD and stop? In the USA, they're only getting series 3 and 4 on DVD now!

thanks

Comment

Its on Sky at the moment and also Channel 4.

The box set thing is very annoying, I want all of these on DVD, despite the AVIs I have being of high quality. Ive got all the box sets so far and want to complete my collection, then have one big South Park weekender

Comment

Yeah i've been watching on Channel 4, however they stupidly put it really late. No doubt less people watch and C4 assume it's not popular and won't show the next series.

It is a brilliant show though. I actually met the creators in Hollywood in August and got them to sign a poster for me, which is now framed

Comment

The Simpsons? Futurama? Family Guy?

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!

South park is easily the best animated show next to beavis and butthead ;p Its also easily one of the best TV shows. Almost every single episode from Cartman gets an anal probe to the truth about Mormons I have been floored with laughter/shock but most times both, each time.

How the hell do they manage it? And how do they get away with the subjects the touch on? ;p

TV show DVDs are a pain in the arse. I got 1-4 so far with 5 being due early 04 and I canneh bloody wait ;p

Fifth series of the hit show and the South Park boys are showing no signs of going soft. No taboo left untouched, this is as brilliantly sick and satirical as ever.

No better words describe it tbh ;D

Smart smart smart smart smart!

;p

Comment

I cried for the first time in ages today.

Why? Watching Cartman singing Christian rock songs in episode 709.

By far the funniest thing Ive seen in ages.

Comment

Seeing as how they wont release these on DVD I think Ill make up my own instead. Dependant on how it goes, I may or may not have a DVD with every episode from the 7th series on it shortly for people interested. Possibly. Im getting 712 now, I assume thats about the last episode.

Comment

Nah theres gotta be a few more. 713 is on US TV tomorrow (wed) so wait for that at least

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                            Freindship and loyalty at their most cruellest here, its actually quite hard to watch as Butters gets taken more and more in becuase of his extreme gullable nature.
                            nothing can top what Cartman tried to make him do at the end of the NAMBLA episode

Comment

Oh yeah lol that was truly harsh!!

Cartman can be so evil.

I watched the Mormon episode yesterday, and it was quite amusing. Mind you, anything that takes the piss out of religion is fine by me..

Comment

Working...
                              X