Xbox Online PGR2 League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Online PGR2 League

I decided to get off my butt and see if anybody was interested in setting up a once a week or twice a week league for Project Gothem Racing II.

I'm really looking for what everyone else wants to do, rather than saying this is how it will be:

Once a week head to heads
    I suggest that these are on the same night, but this could be flexible depending on the two users racing.

The event would be either a head to head race or a kudos race (prehaps alternating each week?)

Car and track to be decided at the begining of the week (same for everybody), 10 points allocated for a win, 0 for a lose. Person with the fastest laptime/highest kudos total out of everybody gets a bonus 10 points for that week.

Once a week race meets
    Again, as with the head to heads, these should be on the same night, unless the majority want it moved for that week.

This would be a straight race between everybody, in the event that there is more than 8 people for the race, then split into two or more seperate races with equal points allocated for each race.

Points allocation:

1st - 10 points
    2nd - 8 points
    3rd - 6 points
    4th - 5 points
    5th - 4 points
    6th - 3 points
    7th - 2 points
    8th - 1 point

Fastest lap (across all seperate instances of the race) - 10 points

this way if you don't turn up you will start to go down the rankings.

The course would be decided a week in advance, the cars would be a mixture of single model and single class, again decided a week in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to add the season structure, as not everyone will want to play this for eternity I guess we should have 6 weekly seasons, with the points being reset at the end of the season. As a bonus for people in the last season your seeding for the next season is based on your result in the previous season, i.e., finish first, seeded first.

Now whos in?

Comments, suggestions, improvements more than welcome.

Second EDIT: Right, looks like we have enough people to get this started.

I'm going to drop the head to head races as people don't seem to like them, this leaves a once a week race, Sunday 9pm ok for everyone?

We should try for this Sunday, with the Focus Cosworths (so everybody should have it by then - prehaps we can move up a couple of classes by next Sunday) - you can have another car from this class if you wish, but everything else seems much slower to me.

What track would everybody like? How about:

City: Barcelona
    Track: Las Ramblas

?

I'll be up for this.

Comment

Count me In

Comment

Me too .

I'd like the idea of race meets rather than head to head races.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Me too please!

Comment

count me in

destrukticorus

im **** but i'll play!

ginzaUK should be up for this too!

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
                count me in

destrukticorus

im **** but i'll play!

ginzaUK should be up for this too!
                Hell yeah! Count me in!

Yes destrukticor is ****

PS. Race meets are much more fun, head to head sounds a bit serious.

Comment

Aye put me down for this.

Another lamb to the slaughter

Comment

Consider my hat well and truly tossed into the ring.

Trouble is my damn perfectionist streak refuses to let me move on from a level in kudos world series mode until I have all platinums, so I haven't exactly unlocked many cars yet

(getting excuses in early )

So how do we decide tracks/cars if everyone has different stuff unlocked? Do we need to keep a list of things everyone has to keep to the lowest common denominator sorta thing?

And my vote is for race meets too rather than head to heads, if we are voting on it

Comment

me me me !!!!!!!!! Race meets also...............Can't w8

Comment

Me too please.
                        Ginza and Destrukticor are quite good, insofar as i could tell in my rear view mirror anyhoo

Comment

Id be up for this, but would depend on the time u play, only really about in the evening from 6.30-10, and most weekends

Comment

Put me on the list as well. Wonder if we'll be able to dominate some tracks as we'll be practicing like mad to compete with each other.

Comment

ill be up for this, just getting round to signing up for xbox live

not particualrrly good at the game yet but can see it being a laugh and perfect excuse to get practicing

Comment

Working...
                              X